1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dionna M House

Dionna M House New Member

Re: Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contr

I just put a deposit down from a new Prius 05 with the middle package deal. I was looking in to the extended warranty and need to know more about this special deal. Where do I retrieve this information? Is this under toyota? Will toyota recognize this at time of repair service needed?
    Why is this so much lower than the dealers program?

Thanks in advance
    Dionna

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Fred - check out the first post in this thread, it has info about the Pre-Paid Service Plan. I'll make a seperate sticky post about it in the near future so that everyone can see it much more easily.

Dionna - Please check out the first post in this thread for more information. This is the Toyota Extended Service plan just as offered through dealers across the country. If you have any further questions, please email the warranty at priuschat.com email address with your questions.

3. allforhim28

allforhim28 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has bought an extended warranty through Greenfield Toyota, which is the dealer advertising this discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty/Service Contract? Of the people who have purchased it, have you used it? I'm just trying to make sure that it's on the up and up. I live in CA, so the thought of buying an extended warranty from someone out of state... that I'll never be able to meet is a little scary.

Thanks for anyone's input! :)

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allforhim28\";p=\"104793)</div>
    I did.

My car is nowhere near three years old nor close to having 36,000 miles on the odometer, so I have yet to use it.

The extended care policy was issued by Toyota Financial Services. TFS is part of the worldwide financial services operations for Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFSC), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) in Japan.

About TFS > Company Background

5. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

My wife bought a 2004 Prius that was a Toyota Certified Used vehicle. The in service date was 10/03. The car currently has 13xxx miles on it. How much would the Platinum warranty be for this car? I tried to search for someone else in our situation, but couldnt find it.

6. docetu

docetu New Member

Just bought my prius on Thursday and I love it. Interested in getting the extended warranty. The dealership offered one for $1600. Would like to know if anyone in Hawaii purchased the extended warranty offered here and if they had any problems using it with Servco Hawaii.

7. docetu

docetu New Member

The warranty I'm talking about is the on offered on-line (Extra Care Platinum Warranty) not available in Hawaii.

8. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stillageek\";p=\"105580)</div>
    I am sure a more definitve answer will come, but I don't see why it would change from the standard $985.

9. popoff

popoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stillageek\";p=\"105580)</div>
    Check out http://www.toyota.com/html/tcuv/warranty.html

A certified used Toyota comes with a 6 year 100,000 mile extended warranty.

Check with Troy. I'm sure he would be happy to explain the details to you.

10. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

The 6 year 100K is just for the powertrain. I "assume" the Platinum warranty for a certified used Prius would be a little less since the powertrain is already covered. If not no biggie. We normally don't buy extended warranties, but wit h all the high tech stuff on the Prius....better safe than sorry.

11. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popoff\";p=\"105623)</div>
    Check out http://www.toyota.com/html/tcuv/warranty.html

Check with Troy. [/b][/quote] You must check with Troy before you can have the full picture.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stillageek:

Unfortunately, only the selling dealer can offer Platinum Certified Used plans so you are at their mercy on the pricing. However, since its still under 3/36K, it still qualifies for the New Vehicle Platinum plan, which is the one we are offering here for the $985.00 (for the 7/100K, 0 deductible)...so even though you are getting double coverage on the drivetrain, I would bet its still less than your dealer wants for the Certified Platinum coverage, plus its a year longer.

Docetu:

I get a different answer everytime I ask, in regards to Servco and its a long story, so I will leave it this way...Contact Toyota Financial at (800) 228-8559 and ask them about it, also check with your local Servco dealer and if your still interested send me an email. Also, if your in Maui..Maui Toyota is an independant dealer, as far as I know the only one in Hawaii and with them, there is no problem.

13. gr8330

gr8330 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woemcats\";p=\"25997)</div>
    2 weeks

14. dwils4

dwils4 New Member

Thanks for the post. I picked up my new Black #6 Saturday and the dealer tried to sell me the 7 year/100,000 mile for $2000. I told him I could buy it for $985 and after 3 minutes he came back and told me he would match the deal. I also did not reveal that Priuschat.com is where I could get the $985 price.

Thanks for the suggestion. It saved me over $1000!!!

Now I hope I never need it. :lol:

15. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwils4\";p=\"106807)</div>
    What you did was fine, but I encourage people not to do that for 2 reasons, out of loyalty to PriusChat and two, because that same dealer who just tried to gauge you will never be as much help to you as this group. Just think of what he did. I believe the retail of the warranty is $1650. So, he was saying, "Let me see if I can stick it to you." And then, "Well, since I can't get you, I'll be reasonable."

16. gr8330

gr8330 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allforhim28\";p=\"104793)</div>
    In in Arizona and I purchased it and have a copy in my hand. It is the real thing

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fredatgolf\";p=\"106851)</div>
    That was well said.

My finance guy on Sunday tried to stick it to me for 1600 or so, and I just went mum. He had the audacity to actually ask me to initial his warranty offer as DECLINED, and said "You are the first person to buy a prius here without the extended warranty." This particular dealer sells a great number of prii. I just sat silently thinking what an nice person he was, closed out my deal and drove away...

18. emh

emh New Member

to Troy Dietrich of Toyota Greenfield (MA) -
    Thank you for the great pricing on the 7/100,000 extended warranty! My dealer here in San Diego charged me $1720 for the same thing. I saved over $700 by canceling that one and buying the one you offered. I compared the 2 warranties side by side and they are identical.

Thanks again for saving me money.

Erica

19. sbilbray

sbilbray New Member

[font=Courier New:0a2b64f0e2][/font:0a2b64f0e2]
    I purchased the extended warranty based on the posting by Danny. I couldn't be happier and I am happy to report it is COMPLETELY LEGIT.
    Thanks again

20. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Twice now I have requested to get an application for a 7/75/0 Platinum extended warranty for my 2005 Prius. Is my email reaching anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.