1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 3 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]296955[/snapback]</div>
    Correct.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. priusri02915

priusri02915 New Member

:D

By the way, it really pays to get the Extra Care.

I just had to bring my Classic Prius (2001) in for an error code, the red car?!? Turns out to be the transmission. A $4700.00 job.

But because I bought the Platinum Extra Care for that car, like I will for my 06' Prius, it's covered.

Very Happy!!

So far, the Extra Care has paid for itself five times over and that was at the $1500.00 price I paid for it because I did not know about this site and this form. I've had multiple Computer Modules replaced, I've had the engine (gas) rebuilt @ 69,000 miles so it's well worth it.

4. luiset83

luiset83 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    In regards to the prepaid maintenace plan, does it matter that I want to purchase it shortly before the 40k mile mark? I'd like to do the next major maintenance with this plan in place if it's possible, and keep using it further. I got the impression that it needed to be bought with the car being new judging by a previous post. Please let me know.

Also, Troy, many thanks for the extended warranty for $990... shortly after I bought it after 35k miles, the MFD malfunctioned just past the 36k... in essence it already paid for 75% of it's value! Glad I got it when I did.

5. adgo82

adgo82 New Member

Hi all brand new Prius owner here. I bought it yesterday and I just wanted to say thank you for saving me a couple bucks hehe. Dealer was trying to sell me the 8/100 for 1400 and I just laughed because I had been reading this site for a while. Like the first post says I didnt even tell him about the site or where I am getting a cheaper warranty. I think he was confused because I literaly LOLed haha. Anyways expect to see me here more often now that I own one, or owe I should say :p

6. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOG @ Jul 24 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]291437[/snapback]</div>
    hi troy... i'm from Hawaii... does this mean that we definitely can't get the extended warranty from you?

7. niferbee

niferbee New Member

Since we now have to go through Warranty Shack, is that separate than going through Troy? Is it still the Toyota warranty?

Jen

8. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eak354 @ Aug 20 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]306121[/snapback]</div>
    No, you can still get it. Hawaii is kind of a special case, though. Servco, the distributor for Hawaii doesn't get their vehicles from Toyota Motor Sales, USA...so cars purchased in Hawaii aren't in the U.S. warranty database which makes things a little complicated. So if you're interested, give me a call.

Oh, and Niferbee...The WarrantyShack quotes still go through me, nothings really changed other than the way you request the quote.

Troy

9. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ May 26 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]261410[/snapback]</div>
    Call Troy on the phone and he will explain it to you. And by all means get the extended warranty through him and save yourself a bundle.

10. robk

robk New Member

Where do I find the privacy statement for Warrantyshack? Do they sell or share my personal information?

11. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woemcats @ Jul 8 2004, 11:54 PM) [snapback]25997[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We requested a $1300 (7/75/0 plan) refund after owning the car for about 2 weeks. We got our check in about 10 days. The dealer was really nice about it. I almost felt bad. ;~)

12. ArtVan

ArtVan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My '05 Prius has 32,000 miles and I thought it was time to make a decision about the extended warranty. Thanks Troy for making this a painless process and I still can't believe how much money I saved.

Thanks to Priuschat I have an extended warranty at a great price, a stablizer, a spoiler, better tires, and the knowhow to do my own service. I have to admit owning the Prius is a kick.
    Art
    '05 red Prius
    "MO MPG" Texas

13. boopiewu

boopiewu New Member

does the warrantyshack extended warranty plan cover California as well? I was reading on this site, "http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm" that only www.warrantydirect.com is allowed in the state of CA. Is this true?

Thanks.

-Julie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 8 2004, 01:30 PM) [snapback]25940[/snapback]</div>

14. sza79

sza79 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ Aug 21 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]307055[/snapback]</div>
    Roger3125:
    I wanted to chime in here with an "atta-boy" for Troy at Toyota of Greenfield. I bought both the pre-paid maintenance and extended warranty through him at a nice savings vs. what the financial manager at my local dealer quoted. Troy was very patient in answering my questions, and definitely earned my business.

Oh, and regarding some posts I have seen regarding using the Toyota products at a dealer other than where you bought it. I was pretty sure there would be no problem (a Toyota dealer is a Toyota dealer is a Toyota dealer, right?), but still took the extra step of e-mailing the Service Dept. I wanted something in writing, and they wrote back that they would accept pre-paid maintenance coupons purchased elsewhere.

15. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought my extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance plan through Troy Dietrich, and it was a smooth, pleasant experience. I happened to be in that area visiting family, so I bought mine 'in person' rather than via email/phone/snailmail. The whole process took 15 minutes!

Troy told me that the paperwork from Toyota would arrive in about three weeks, and it did. Unfortunately, the coupons for the pre-paid maintenance plan were marked 'classic' rather than 'premium', so I emailed Troy. He got back to me the same day - Toyota's records show that I have the 'premium' pre-paid maintenance, but the printer apparently made an error on the coupon book - Troy said he had gotten 6 emails from people reporting the same problem. Troy's having the coupon book reprinted, and I'll have the the correct ones in plenty of time for my 5000 mile service. So if anyone else bought the pre-paid maintenance plan in early August, check your coupon booklet and get back to Troy if it's the wrong one - he'll take care of it right away.

I wish my OWN Toyota dealer was this responsive - I'm still waiting for my car title, despite reporting the problem to my dealer several times since April!

16. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My question: Does the regular Toyota warranty (3 yrs./36,000 miles) cover the same components in terms of engine, automatic transmission, suspension, hybrid components, etc. that the Toyota Extra Care Extended Warranty covers after 3 yrs? Do the policies overlap for the first 3 yrs./36,000 miles or does the Toyota Extra Care Extended Warranty actually add something?

Yes, I do know about the towing, travel protection, substitute transportion & things of that kind but I mean in terms of car components covered?

Thanks.

17. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok I am curious now.....would it makes sense to have the extended warranty before or after you get the car? I would figure by the time my car comes in I would already have the warranty good to go and that would be one less thing to talk about at the dealership. I didn't really feel like scanning through the 32-page thread on this topic but any help would be great.

Also, I guess it would depend on preference, but would it be good to go thru WarrantyShack or Troy? I have no doubt that my dealer will be asking about an extended warranty when the car arrives so I want to be sure I do the right thing by just letting him know that I'd gotten a better deal elsewhere.

18. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Aug 29 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]311383[/snapback]</div>
    You need a VIN before you can get an extended warranty. You have bumper-to-bumper coverage for a year/12,000 miles and can purchase the extended warranty at any time before the regular 3 year/36,000 mile warranty expires, so there's no rush to get it. If the dealer pressures you to get an extended warranty, or a service contract for regular maintenance, just smile and say, "No, thank you."

Troy and Warranty Shack are the same, just different ways of getting to him.

Starfall, you don't need an extended warranty until the 1,094th day or 35,999th mile, after that, you can't get it. Otherwise, you're covered. The hybrid battery isn't covered by either warranty, but by the hybrid system drive train warranty. What's an automatic transmission?

19. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Aug 30 2006, 02:19 AM) [snapback]311490[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your prompt response, Bill.

As for "automatic transmission," I was copying topic headings from the "What's Covered" part of the Toyota Extra Care Platinum flyer which clearly applies to ALL Toyotas. I knew what a "manual transmission" was so I thought "automatic" referred to the CVT - shows how much I know about cars. <_<

20. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    just wanted to drop a line and say that I received my extended warranty from Troy last week,and he even saved me more. After discussing my driving habits/mileage usage, he suggested that I get the 7year/75,000 mile plan VS the 7year/100,000. That saved me $300.00 which i applied toward the 4year/55,000 mile maintenance plan.
    With Troy, all I can say is that besides being a good HONEST person, he saved me a lot of time and MONEY. Thanks, again, Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.