1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. streyle

streyle New Member

well not quite knowing what the exact deal was here and picking up a leftover prius on 15 minutes notice, I went with my dealers option of 6yrs, 75K miles.....but got it at 985.......I wonder if I am able to negotiate up to 6 yrs 100K miles for the old difference? I really need 100K coverage...

any ideas?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can get a refund from your dealer if you haven't made any claims on it yet.

3. azddavero

azddavero New Member

I bought the 6/75K/0 warranty for $835. I thought it was a pretty good price, and I have another 6 days to cancel it under the 30 day grace period. The bad part is the warranty says that if I cancel it the refund can be paid to the lien holder. Not sure if they would really do that or not.

I only drive about 10K to 12K miles a year so this one works out pretty well for me.

Can anyone tell me if they've seen the 6/75K/0 warranty for substantially less than $835?

Thanks,
    Dave

4. azddavero

azddavero New Member

I bought the 6/75K/0 warranty for $835. I thought it was a pretty good price, and I have another 6 days to cancel it under the 30 day grace period. The bad part is the warranty says that if I cancel it the refund can be paid to the lien holder. Not sure if they would really do that or not.

I only drive about 10K to 12K miles a year so this one works out pretty well for me.

Can anyone tell me if they've seen the 6/75K/0 warranty for substantially less than $835?

Thanks,
    Dave

5. woemcats

woemcats New Member

In my case, they did pay the warranty back to the lein holder, and it replaces your payment for that month (or it did for me). I didn't need the cash so that was fine with me. I would have written a check to Toyota anyway.

6. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    OK - I got my car, so now it's time to start looking for the extended warranty.....

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Platinum.

I hope to have all of this done by Thursday - the installer is coming tomorrow to install my cable modem, so I'll finally have direct access to my PC during the work day via Remote Desktop (which is how I get to my email during the day and do work on the site).

It's been a real PITA the last couple of weeks, but the end is in sight.

8. Ephemeral

Ephemeral New Member

Warranty

I was looking through the different plans available and noticed that the GPS/Navigation system is not covered in the warranties that cost around a thousand dollars.

Does the warranty offered at 985/- cover this and all the other drama you get with the #9's.

9. edward15

edward15 Junior Member

Extended Warranty

Danny,
    As of this date do you offer the Toyota 7/100/$0 plan for $985? It is a much better price than what I paid and I will cancel my purchased plan from my local dealer. Thanks

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry I didn't get all of the info nailed down yesterday, I had to swap the email servers over to our new server.

I plan to have everything complete today and final details available this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Danny -- and no rush on my part. (Hey, man, you had a hurricane come through your area last week. Get some R&R in!!)

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, we have everything squared away on the Extended Service Contracts.

PriusChat is proud to announce that for a price of $985, you can purchase the Toyota Extra Care Platinum warranty which will cover your car for a period of 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The best part is this warranty has a $0 deductible. It also comes with Substitute Transportation coverage at $50/day for a max of 5 days per occurrence, free towing to the closest authorized repair facility, travel protection if the incident occurs more than 150 miles from your home and includes costs of meals and lodging reimbursed up to $100 per day for a maximum of five days over the life of the agreement, and transferability to another owner of your car for a fee of $50.

How much does it cost?

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  14. djc

djc Junior Member

Is this available for other Toyota vehicles, besides Prius? My folks just bought a new Sienna, and they would be interested in this contract if it were available to them.

Thanks,
    --Dan.

15. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Keep me in mind for the big contract. Ammiels [Removed phone # for privacy]

16. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    and who sir are you?

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, it should be the same price for a Sienna. Drop an email to [email protected] with some contact information and the fact that it is for a car other than the Prius and we'll see what we can do.

18. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    Got a call back from the dealer about the extended warranty.
    He's going to get the specifics of what he needs to me soon. I'll send the things off to him, include a check, and the baby will be protected....

Now about the prepaid service contract?????? :naughty:

19. terkar

terkar New Member

Sounds stoo good to be true. I have never heard of an insurance policy that refunds "almost all" of your money if you don't use it. Can we get a definite answer on this?

Also - doesn't the original 8 year or 100,000 mile warrantee cover the batteries and all hybrid components? What can the extended warrantee add to this? Of course the plan would be of benefit for non hybrid related components but this would be true of any car. Am I missing something here?

20. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    even though the problem later on would be the engine and not the hybrid component, i probably still wouldnt bring it in to a regular auto repair shop since it is still different in many ways to the conventional engine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.