1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeGreenNow

BeGreenNow New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    First of all i would like to say hello and i am a new Prius owner (Metallic Grey #4). I have been reading up on here while waiting for delivery. I have learned so much about everything and was prepared for the hard sell of the extended Warranty. But what i didn't expect was that the finance guy told be there was a clause on the extended warranty, that if in the event that i never used it, i would be refunded the full amount - a $50 admin fee.
    Has anyone else been offered this and does anyone have any info regarding this. he told me it was the Platinum warranty and started at 2200, but after i said no right away it quickly dropped to around 1500. But i was curious about the money back if you don't use it.

2. bluebaby

bluebaby New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: Discounted Toyota Prius Service Contracts

Danny, can you tell me if the prepaid maintenance plans are still available through this site? I've searched by it, but all the links I try (including yours on this newbie forum) are ending in "site not found". I've decided to do it if I can get the deal described, and welcome whatever you can tell me.

And thanks for your work on this great site - It's like coming home!

3. route246

route246 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Re: Discounted Toyota Prius Service Contracts

See article #829 in this thread for Troy's contact info.

I just bought a prepaid maintenance plan from him and it's very smooth. You can send E-Mail to him requesting what you want. He can be reached at [email protected].

4. laufaye

laufaye New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just purchased the Platinum 6yrs/100,000 miles from Troy, it was simple and fast.:)

Yesterday I have a crack on my windshield and there are no sign of anything hitting it, I went to the dealer and the dealer says it should cover under the warranty, but as soon as they realize the car is over 36,000 miles and in extended warranty they need to call and ask. And the answer is no, the extended warranty is not covering the windshield.:confused::confused::confused:

Can anyone verify this???

5. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Regular and Extended Warranty is not Car Insurance of body parts, so no either the Regular Warranty or the Extended Warranty is NOT going to cover a windshield, unless you can prove a manufacturing defect, which will be very hard to prove.

6. Richard K

Richard K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Buying a 2005 Certified Prius with just under 36K miles, and just shy of 3 years old. Is the 7/100 warranty still available through this site for $990, or was that last year's price? Thanks.

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, still $990 for 7yrs/100,000 miles. Apply here:

Toyota Extended Warranty Quote Request | WarrantyShack

How much is your dealer asking for for the same warranty?

8. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Another thumbs up for Troy, the whole extended warranty transaction was, professional, timely and totally seamless.

Thanks again...Dan.

9. Richard K

Richard K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    The dealer threw out a 7/100 price of $1980 for a 2005 Toyota Certified Prius. I did not try to negotiate his price, nor will I after seeing the price of $990, which also benefits PriusChat. Waiting on the title to be returned from the previous lienholder before we sign a sales agreement.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Richard,

At $1980 I wouldn't buy it. Don't think that's a good insurance buy.

At $990, I think that's a good insurance buy.

BIG QUESTION: Exactly what warranty and at what cost is available for someone like you buying a used Prius? I don't know the answer. I don't know if that Toyota Platinum Care 7yrs/100,000 miles warranty is available to someone buying a used Prius. Maybe you should fill out that form and/or call Troy Dietrich of WarrantyShack.com/Toyota of Greenfield, MA ASAP?

11. bigbearballs

bigbearballs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  12. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $990 for 7yr/100K mile. What would be the price if you only want to add another 2 years for a total of 50K miles?

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Joe,

There's are 5yrs/60k total plans available. You should ask Troy/WarrantyShack.com. for his prices (they will be hundreds less than the $990 top plan).

But here's a chart from Toyota Financial showing the different plans and their MSRPs:

Toyota Financial Services

14. spm2

spm2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What about Buying Extended Warranty for aused car in Canada?

Thanks!

15. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sometime soon I'll have to hit up Troy for the "Service Agreement" / "Extended Warranty" as well as the prepaid maintenance I'm at 4,500 miles in only 2 1/2 months of driving. I'm hoping I can put on 306,000 miles like I did on my '98 Camry.

16. ststvn9

ststvn9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What I really want to know is if anyone has actually tried to use this warranty purchased through Troy or Warranty shack at their local dealer. What was the result? I am interested in purchasing one, but want to make sure that it will work here in Minnesota.

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Danny,

You might want to update two sections of your opening post to reflect the current increased MSRPs. The extended warranty MSRP went up $200 to $1850; and the maintenance plan MSRP went up $5 to $1355. (But I don't think that the PriusChat/Troy/WarrantyShack prices went up.) Thus, the updated sections would be as follows (new numbers are in bold red):

18. mhall

mhall New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Proud new owner of a 2008 Magnetic Grey #4!

I purchased my Prius on Saturday and have not yet bought the extended warranty. After reading Consumer Reports recommendation not to by the warranties, and knowing that I had time to make the decision I decided to hold off.

But, I wanted to post about my experience with the financial officer buying the car. I went into the office with no intention of buying the warranty there. Everything began smoothly as we were signing the papers. Then he offered the warranty. First, he acted shocked and flustered that I would even think of not getting it. Then he began insisting that if I waited even 1 day to buy the warranty then I would have to pay the used car price of $4000 for a 6 year/60,000 warranty.

In the end I held strong and refused to by the 6 year warranty for the 1,400 he was trying to sell it to me for.

19. rep308

rep308 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Just bought a Silver 08 Prius package 2 with internet haggling down to $21,972 in the Boston area. The sales guy was great, the finance guy was made that I just said no! to all the extra stuff he was trying to sell. He quoted $2200 for the 7/100 policy which is above the MSRP listed on the Toyota Financial website

20. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm planning on buying a new Prius here in Los Angeles. I'm moving to Toronto, Canada and taking the car with me. Would my move from USA to Canada have any effect on the warranty and extended warranty?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.