1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiHoStevo

HiHoStevo Airport Bum

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay just a newbie... who has just read the last page of this thread....

There is a way/link/process for canceling the extended warranty I purchased with my '08 Prius this last saturday?

(I actually thought I did pretty well paying $850 for a Platinum 7yr 75k zero deductible warranty... but it now it sounds like I did not do well enough!)

2. teabags

teabags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi! Just had my 2008 Prius touring for two weeks from a dealer down here in Florida, who offered the extended warranty for $1485.00, on sale that week. Did some research and purchased the Toyota Platinum 6 yr / 100,000 mile Extra Care plan w/ $0 deductible for $875.00 from Troy Dietrich of Toyota of Greenfield, Phone - 413-772-0989. Spent about one minute on the phone with him and saved quite a bit, which I will spend on clear 3M bra film for the front. Hope that this is helpful.

Please remember to go through WarrantyShack for your quote so that PriusChat gets credit for the sale. - Danny

3. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Troy Dietrich of Greenfield Toyota!

You want the best price on your extended warrany?
    You want a no hassle application process?
    You want professional service?
    You want quick turn-around?

I did and I got it from:

Manager: Troy Dietrich, of Greenfield Toyota, Massachuetts.
    Welcome to WarrantyShack! | WarrantyShack
    413-772-0231

Troy advised me on the purchase, made the application and payment process dirt easy (read: and fast) and a week later I have my official Toyota Platinum warranty in my hot little hands.

I bought the 7year/75,000 mile warranty for $695. Didn't need the extra cost for another 25,000 miles cause I won't reach 75K in 7 years.

Thanks again Troy!!

(no, this wasn't a commercial)

ZC1
    (purchased on 04/22/2008)
    Please remember to go through WarrantyShack for your quote so that PriusChat gets credit for the sale. - Danny

4. greenlv

greenlv New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just signed up for the extended warranty through Troy and it was as easy as everyone said it would be. I can confirm that this is the real thing. Troy and Greenfield Toyota are providing a terrific service. Thank you!!!

5. FastMovinHeel

FastMovinHeel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been slogging through this thread, but don't see a definitive answer on how much I should expect to pay for the prepaid maintenance plan with Troy? The 7 yr / 100k is pretty clearly $990, but can someone please share numbers for the prepaid maintenance?

Thanks! -fmh

6. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Prepaid maintenance?

What is that program?

ZC1

7. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He's in the Southeast Toyota independent distributorship territory, one of two privately owned. They have different content, pricing and packages than the other ten factory owned regions.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's in the first post: " $875 for the 4 year/ 55,000 mile Premium Plan"

It's a program that takes care of all of your maintenance on the car for 4 years or 55,000 miles. Oil changes, tire rotations, fluids, etc.

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe Troy charges $875 for the 4 year/ 55,000 mile Premium Plan which I think has a MSRP of $1355.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can read about the Toyota prepaid maintenance programs (and also its extended warranty programs) at the Toyota Financial Services website. It has two programs -- "Classic" and "Premium" (which is the one sold here for $875).

Here's a link to the website's page for prepaid maintenance programs:

Toyota Financial Services: Home

11. leftheaded

leftheaded Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got the 7 yr / 100k mile extended warranty & the 4 year/ 55k mile Prepaid Maintenance plans from Troy today. Negotiated free tires for life from the dealer too, so I'm pretty much covered for a while :D

Now, if only I could make my own gasoline lol

12. SebMike

SebMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Extended Warranty coverage docs missing?

I followed the links to the toyotafinancial.com site to look at extended warranty details, covered components, etc, but the docs don't seem to exist any longer. The direct links give me a 404 (not found) error, and if I try to navigate the toyota site, all I get is a nice graphic showing that I have a 3yr/36k warranty, and that an extended warranty works beyond that, but no links to gold/platinum/etc coverage details.

Can anyone access the docs? Maybe I just chose an inopportune time to look...

Thanks,
    Mike

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mike,

I don't have a problem with my above link to the Toyota Financial Services webpage for the Maintenance Plans.

Here's a link to the webpage for the Vehicle Service Agreements (extended warranties):

Toyota Financial Services: Vehicle Service Agreements

The only time I have problems with the Toyota Financial Services links is when I try the links on Danny's initial post ... they're old and expired.

14. SebMike

SebMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks, Tom, that works.

Is there any info on what is NOT covered in the Platinum warranty? I thought I remembered a link somewhere that got me there in the past. I'm ready to buy, but like to read the fine print before I do.

Thanks,
    Mike

15. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  16. hairgal

hairgal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a question and cant find a place for a new thread..I took the extended warranty my dealership offered..1850.00 7 year 100,000 no ded..my question is if this is the same warranty offered for half price..do you know if I can cancel it and take this one. I have had my car 10 days.

17. eric1234

eric1234 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Used Vehicles? Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Hi!

I'm considering to purchase an 06 Prius with about 32k miles from a used car dealer, and am wondering what options there are for used cars.

If I've navigated the TFS website correctly, there isn't much out there for me...

Am I correct, or have I bungled my reading?

Thanks!
    Eric

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have 30 days from the date of purchase to cancel the Toyota extended warranty and get a full refund (less $25 administrative fee).

After 30 days, you can cancel the extended warranty and get a pro rata refund (less $25 administrative fee).

I would go back to your dealer before your 30 days are up and cancel and get a full refund.

When you do that, you can consider asking your dealer whether it will meet the $990 price. But please don't mention any names, i.e., don't say PriusChat, Troy, WarrantyShack.com or Toyota of Greenfield.

You can also consider canceling the extended warranty now, and waiting until just before 3 years/36,000 miles to decide whether you want the extended warranty and if so, which one to get in terms of maximum years and miles.

19. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Used Vehicles? Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Hi Eric,

I would call Troy Dietrich of WarrantyShack.com/Toyota of Greenfield, MA and ask him what Toyota extended warranties are available for your circumstances. I believe his telephone numbers are:

Troy Dietrich
    Direct Dial # (413) 772-0989
    General Office # (413) 772-0231

Good luck.

20. SoCal Prius

SoCal Prius New Member

I bought an extended warranty from Troy today for both of my 2006 Priuses. I mailed a copy of the current registrations and a letter stating the mileage, and then called Troy to give him my credit card number. It was well worth the minor trouble for the peace of mind. Thanks so much for getting us this great deal. Your hard work is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.