1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip_designer

chip_designer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Danny,

is the offer for the prepaid maintenace for $875 still good?

when i click on it, the page does not exist.

Thanks,
    victor

2. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

Hi Victor,

The $875.00 is still good for 2009 Prius models...and any other model of Toyota which uses conventional motor oil. As of August 1st, Toyota ammended the pricing of the maintenance plans for vehicles which require synthetic motor oil, which inlcludes the 2010 Prius. On the 2010 models the current price would be $1075.00.

Oh...and here is an updated link to the Toyota Financial info on it:
    Toyota Financial Services: Toyota Auto Care Prepaid Maintenance

Troy

3. hotbrass

hotbrass New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is this the basic plan or the premium plan?

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This offer is for the Platinum plan, though price quotes are available for the other levels of coverage - here is a comparison chart.

Toyota Financial Services

5. dapop6

dapop6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

only took my dealer abut 10 days to send check back to my finance company......

6. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone ever calculated the cost of the maintenance covered by this plan? Are you saving money by prepaying? What would happen if I got rid of our prius, is the plan transferable or refundable (pro-rated of course)?

7. scotty321

scotty321 Apple Mac Expert

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks so much, everybody, for this excellent thread! :)

I wish I had found this thread earlier, because I just bought my 2010 Toyota Prius, and I was talked into the 7 year/100,000 mile plan for the MSRP of $1,850. I want to get the discounted warranty from Troy instead!

Weird financial question: My entire vehicle purchase price -- including the extended warranty price -- was rolled into my auto loan from Bank of America. The bank has already sent the check to the dealer, and soon I will start making my monthly payments to the bank. I see that my extended warranty does come with a 30-day clause to cancel it. But how will the cancellation of this warranty affect my auto loan? Do I need to have the auto loan re-done all over again, or do I just get a refund check from the dealer? I assume it's as simple as just getting a refund check.

Also, I'm assuming that I should contact the dealer to cancel the warranty, and not call Toyota Customer Service to cancel this?

Thanks!
    Scott

8. Star gazer

Star gazer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I recently purchased an extended warranty from Troy. He is very easy to work with, is good at communication and everything was very smooth. Plan arrived in the mail just as explained by Troy. Thanks for offering this to us Troy and Danny! :D This site has been a great source of information.

9. QuiGonJohn

QuiGonJohn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Scott,
    I had my own financing from my credit union. So when I cancelled my contracts that I originally took when I bought the car, I got the refund to me.

Although, I only financed 18K and paid the rest out of pocket (and with the money from the total loss payment on my prior vehicle). I don't know if that made a difference or not on how they did the refund.

10. scotty321

scotty321 Apple Mac Expert

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks so much for the info. I called Toyota Financial Services at 800-228-8559 to cancel my warranty, and they sent a refund check to Bank of America to apply towards my auto loan premium. So that was easy enough! :)

As soon as the check gets credited by my bank, I'm going to buy the warranty from Troy.

Thanks everybody for this great thread!!

11. choco_03

choco_03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hello,need some input on my recent total care warranty purchase for my new 2010 prius III with nav. I got platinum warranty from the dealer for $2,495 for 8 year/100k miles. I realized it was too much..I would like to buy it from warranty shack..Is the warranty renewable after you reached 100k miles?Could you please give us some inputs on the company..Thank you very much..

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No, the Toyota extended service plan is not a renewable plan. Once you reach the 8 yrs, 100k miles Toyota does not offer any warranty options.

13. jaw444

jaw444 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I bought the Prius Chat discounted warranty directly from Troy at Toyota of Greenfield.

What i need to clarify because i'm not sure is, --is that the same thing as buying it from Warranty Shack?

I think so? Troy works with Prius Chat, and provides the Warranty Shack discount. or the same discount as Warranty Shack. Is Troy the same as Warranty Shack?

As far as getting the platinum warranty through Troy goes, it couldn't be smoother. Good communication by email, timely detailed response, fast processing. Not much more to say. It's the Toyota platinum warranty, same as you get from a dealer but no price gouge. Great price. if you want the platinum warranty, i strongly recommend Troy--i'm not sure if that's Warranty Shack because the name Warranty Shack wasn't mentioned in the course of my transaction. But from what i gather reading this thread, Troy and Warranty Shack are related or identical or something like that.

14. TOG

WarrantyShack is simply an online form that Danny designed for requesting warranty quotes. It asks all the right questions so that I have all the information I need to provide the quote, and it allows Danny and myself to track the leads that are coming as a direct result of PriusChat.

WarrantyShack is definitely the preferred venue for requesting quotes as opposed to direct email.

Troy

15. elock

elock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

I recently purchased the 8yr/125K mile extended warranty for $1539 for my 2008 Prius (with 35,210 miles) from Keith Zwickl at the Midwest Superstore. It is really a quick and simple process. Just waiting for my warranty papers to arrive now. Does anyone remember how long it takes to receive them?

Keith Zwickl
    Internet Sales Manger
    (800) 530-5789
    (620)560-6565
    Midwest Superstore
    Hutchinson Ks

16. techcar

techcar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry to bother you, but I submitted my request via the warranty shack site the middle of last week and haven't heard anything as yet. Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to you? I recently bought a 2010 level IV prius. Certainly I know the price of the 7 year, 100,000 warranty from the priuschat forum.
    Thanks.

17. TOG

I just checked and I sent you the reply on Oct 1st at 1:34pm...9 minutes after the timestamp from your request. I'm usually right on top of these, so unless the quote request comes in on a night or weekend, I'll generally respond within a few minutes.

The most common reason for not receiving the reply, is that the reply is caught by spam filtering. Check your junk mail folder, you'll probably find it there. It seems the word "warranty" is big trigger for a lot of filters.

Anyway, I'll send you a duplicate of the quote in a PM here on PriusChat just to make sure you get it.

Troy

18. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is buying a pre-paid service contract contingent on purchasing an extended warranty? The quote request form seems to suggest this is the case.

19. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It doesn't appear this question was ever answered as I believe it is in reference to the prepaid maintenance plan, not the extended warranty. :confused:

So does $1,075 buy the classic prepaid plan or the premium prepaid plan and for how many years/miles?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

20. TOG

$1075, is for the Premium version for 4 yrs / 55,000 miles on a vehicle requiring synthetic 0W-20 motor oil. (which includes the 2010 Prius.)

Also, the maintenance plan is a completely separate policy from the extended warranty plan...and neither plan requires purchasing the other.

Troy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.