1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori 08

Lori 08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Glad to help FallenAngle.

2. GodzillaBorland

GodzillaBorland New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Lori - I got a quote from Acton and it is about $1000 cheaper than my dealer. Now I need to cancel my current warranty..

3. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just so everyone knows, Troy is always professional and helpful. I along with friends and family members have purchased from him several times. He has always gotten back to me in a timely manner, and I have never heard of him not getting back with anyone. He is top notch!

Since he sponsors this site and helps to keep it free for everyone to enjoy, please contact him for your warranty needs. He would be more than happy to help you.

Toyota of Greenfield
    12 Olive Street
    Greenfield, MA 01301
    (413)772-0231

Email - [email protected]

Welcome! | WarrantyShack

4. johngalt

johngalt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I had been exchanging emails with Troy and up until last Wednesday (3/16/11) Troy did communicate in a timely manor. I was at the point of
    purchasing a contract from him however he has not answered any of the 4 emails I've send in as many business days.

I have had to give my business to the other dealership mentioned in this thread.

5. Lori 08

Lori 08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes I wanted to give Troy my business also but he never got back to me and that was well over a week ago. I was very happy with Theresa at Acton Toyota.

6. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

I'm Sorry! I was out of the country on vacation last week and completely off the grid with no access to email, cell phone, or internet. I set up an autoresponder to notify anyone that sent me an email, but apparantly not everyone received it. I'll have to look into this before my next vacation...which will be awhile.

Anyway, my contact number is 413-772-0989.

I'm still going through and responding to all the requests and emails that I received while I was gone, so you will all get replies to them...it's just taking me awhile as I had a TON of email messages in my inbox (around 300 messages). So none of your requests were lost of forgotten. I promise I'll get back to everyone.

7. lig13

lig13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Troy or others,

This is a great forum for our new to us Prius. We were sold an extended by the dealer that sold us our 2010 (21k miles). As per many posts here, my wife called to cancel the policy we purchased (Toyota 7yr/100k) so we can go through you instead (saving about $600).:)

My wife tells me that the person she spoke to told her that if we cancel the policy we bought, WE CANNOT ADD IT ON again later (ie. repurchase it through TOG).:confused:

We did not disclose that we wanted to cancel the policy to get it cheaper - my wife told him that I wanted her to cancel because we didn't need it.

Is this a new policy for cancellations? Was the guy just trying to spook my wife? Yes, it is the Toyota policy, not aftermarket. The number she called was 800 228 8559. Has anyone else come across this issue?

8. TOG

I think they're wording things in a way to try and discourage people from cancelling. My guess is that they said that the plan cannot be re-instated once it's cancelled, which is true. Not that she couldn't purchase a 'different' plan at a later date.

Troy

9. lig13

lig13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Troy,
    My wife faxed the cancellation today. Should we wait for some kind of confirmation, or maybe even the refund check before repurchasing? When my wife spoke to the rep last week, he said our contract was awaiting approval. Not sure what that meant considering we bought the car on 3/19 and paid everything in cash - including the warranty.

10. TOG

Sounds good. It makes no difference on my end when we do it in regards to the cancellation of a previous plan. So you can contact me for the new one whenever you're ready.

The approval they were talking about normally takes a day, so I'm sure that's all set by now. Basically, it's just a cross reference with Toyota Motor Motor sales to establish the in-service date. (or 'Date of First Use' in ToyotaSpeak).

Troy

11. Prius2010NC

Prius2010NC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Re: Am I eligable?

Toyota will sell the extended warranty if your car is certified by toyota.

They want to charge for the 'certification' in the financial department, so go to the service department and ask them what it takes to get your car 'certified'. One guy told me it was just a matter of filling out some forms.
    Probably they want to be sure the engine isn't falling out as you get your coverage.

Check with them and then return to the financial guys and see what they will sell you. They quoted me some $1080 or so for the warranty and $760 or so for the 'mechanical work for the certification'. I know the $760 part is a rip off - just their way of adding fees like the $299 for floor mats that they charge on a new car.

Good luck on your search for a warranty.

12. TOG

Certification has nothing to do with the Toyota Extra Care plans that I'm offering here on PriusChat. I can offer these on any model as long as it's within the original 3 yr / 36K factory warranty. It makes no difference at all if the vehicle is purchased new, used, or Certified.

13. GeeWiz

GeeWiz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Troy, I have a 7yr plan which will end in a week. Is there any option for me to extend this plan to the 10yr ?

14. TOG

GeeWiz,

I see you also sent me a Private Message which I just sent you a reply to. Check your inbox.

Troy

15. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not that I want to dissuade anyone from purchasing an extended warranty from Troy (just the opposite actually), but I did want to comment on how refreshing it is to have such an honest individual offering this service on PriusChat!

Yes, I did purchase the extended warranty from Troy for my Prius (no second thoughts either) but after learning that I could wait until right before the factory warranty is up and still purchase the same coverage at the same price, that was the route we chose to take with my wife's HS250h. If we decide to keep this vehicle beyond the factory warranty period, you can bet I'll be in contact with Troy for that warranty, but if we decide to trade it, I just saved a ton of money!

What's so refreshing is you'll never hear the finance guy at the dealership sharing this little tidbit of information (Fact be known, my finance guy said I had to purchase it at the same time I purchased the vehicle)! Again a big thanks to Troy for the awesome warranty and a level of integrity that seems missing in many dealerships these days...

16. lig13

lig13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will be purchasing an extended once we can make absolutely sure the one dealer sold us at time of sale is cancelled - it will be about a $600 savings, so our dealer didn't take us for as much as I've seen others quoted.

With that said, I find extended warranties, especially factory ones, an interesting look at confidence and crapshoots. Buy purchasing a warranty, the buyer is betting that there's going to be a big (expensive) problem or problems down the line (though hoping that there won't be). The manufacturer, Toyota, is betting that their won't be.

I'm sure actuaries are involved in crunching the numbers, but it would be interesting to see the ACTUAL stats on which side is winning. I assume that if Toyota is finding more claims, the price would show creep accordingly.

Troy, do you recall what was the going price on the extended on 2010s a couple of years ago when they first came to market? It's hard to gauge from the posts since every dealer takes a different markup. It would be interesting to know how much actual costs have gone up. I'm not asking for actual numbers (don't want to compromise confidential info), but maybe a percentage?

17. TOG

Sure, they've gone up less than $100 or 10% in the last 10 years. Going back to 2001 when I first started selling them online. Although it's kind of funny...they'll adjust dealer cost and retail separately somtimes. There was point in which the suggested retail price on the 7 / 100K changed from $1650.00 to $1850.00...yet our costs didn't change until a year later, when it went up a small amount and the retail price didn't change at all.

Troy

18. Advance The Man

Advance The Man New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was just quoted $1435 for 75k extended. Good price? Initial quote was $1965. Just bought today, and did not want to commit. I can purchase during the normal warranty period, yes?

19. TOG

Yes, you're eligible as long as you're within the original 3 yr / 36K factory warranty period, but pricing is subject to change.

If you'd like a quote, please fill out the request at WarrantyShack, or shoot me an email at the address in my signature.

Troy

20. Advance The Man

Advance The Man New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.