1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: Toyota Service Contracts / Extended Warranty - Discounte

Interesting that the Financial site doesn't list the Prius in the "find vehicle protection plans" page. Why is that?

2. dannoprius

dannoprius New Member

Yes, it's the Platinum Warranty. Bypass your dealer and send an email directly to Troy at [email protected], he will take care of you. Or tell your local dealer to meet the $985 for the Platinum Warranty. Chances are they won't.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It must simply be some kind of oversight or mistake in the programming of the website....Because they do list it in other areas, for example...If you click on "Pricing Comparison", the Prius is in the drop down list there. Which is where the "find vehicle protection plans" brings you anyway, it just narrows down your choices based on your answers to the questions.

4. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I purchased it in February, can I still cancel it or am I S.O.L.?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Ryomatic

Ryomatic New Member

I just want to make sure that the $985 deal is for the "Platinum" warranty, which I understand covers much more than just extending the existing 3yr/36,000 warranty. I just picked up my 2005 (yes, 2005 :) ) Prius, and paid $1995 for the Platinum 6yr/100,000. The dealer told me that if I purchased it at a later time it would be $2995!

I'm going to cancel the warranty, and go with Danny's plan. It sounds great! I'd be interested in the 6yr/100,000 plan.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ryomatic\";p=\"43165)</div>
    it is

8. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, the 6 year/100,000 mile warranty is less than 985 if purchased through PriusChat. 985 is for the 7/100,000 plan.

Welcome to PriusChat from another Santa Cruz area member!

9. toolbox

toolbox New Member

what deductable option is selected for this price? and i assume this takes total new car coverage to 100K total? i have read some previous post on how can they offer the total refund of a policy if you never use it.

easy

they take the 985 you paid for the contract and invest it for seven years. if you never use it they give you back your 985 and keep the interest. not a bad deal at all for either party.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toolbox\";p=\"43177)</div>
    All of my quotes are with 0 deductible. Since there is only a $50 price difference with a $50 deductible, it doesn't make a lot of sense. The only way to come out ahead is if the plan never get used.

Toyota Financial does NOT offer a money back if unused option....Please go back and read my previous post on that subject earlier in this thread.

11. VARedDevil

VARedDevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I've been working with Troy and he's gotten a customer. 6yr/100000 $0 Deductable, $870.00. Unfortunately, my wife will put 100000 on in about 4 years, but that's the lowest amount in time that is offered. It's still a good deal...my stealer wanted $1695 for it....sheesh....Thanks Danny for setting this up...and thanks Troy for the deal and the fast communications.
    :D

12. toolbox

toolbox New Member

Toyota Financial does NOT offer a money back if unused option....Please go back and read my previous post on that subject earlier in this thread.
    [/quote]

we have a ton of Toyota dealers that offer this option on F.W.S. contracts. i never said it was through Toyota Financial. i only stated how a dealer can do it.

13. toolbox

toolbox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VARedDevil\";p=\"43371)</div>
    your dealer was bending you over for thats for sure on a new car policy (danny has a really good price). all dealers get there contracts from the same source and mark them up. i dont wanna say exactly what i paid for my contract (84/100 plat o deduct) but i could have bought more than one of troys as i work for the source.

14. VARedDevil

VARedDevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekc\";p=\"41802)</div>
    This is from the Toyota website concerning the 2005 Prius Warranty:

Toyota has extreme faith in our hybrid technology, so Prius comes standard with the following coverages:

Basic: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Hybrid-Related Component Coverage: Hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner’s Warranty Information booklet for details.

Powertrain: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).

Rust-Through: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).

Emissions: Coverages vary under Federal and California regulations. Refer to applicable Owner’s Warranty Information booklet for details.

Accessories: For accessories purchased at the time of the new vehicle purchase, the Toyota Accessory Warranty coverage is in effect for 36 months/36,000 miles from the vehicle’s in-service date, which is the same coverage as the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty. For accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase the coverage is 12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date the accessory was installed on the vehicle, or the remainder of any applicable new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage, with the exception of car covers. Car covers are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase and do not assume any coverage under the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

15. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ryomatic\";p=\"43165)</div>
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your Prius, how long did you wait, and did you pay MSRP?

Thanks!

16. Ryomatic

Ryomatic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjo1966\";p=\"43543)</div>
    I bought my Prius from Piercy Toyota in San Jose. Corner of 1st and Brokaw. Payed MSRP. I had some negotiating power with my trade in. They wanted to give me a bit less than I was expecting, but I got them to throw in exterior granitization and interior scotchguarding. I had to wait about 5 months. I feel I was treated very well, up to the point where the financial rep. sold me the overpriced warranty. Speaking of which....

I went to the dealership today to have the warranty cancelled. I worked with a different financial rep. who seemed pretty pissed that his co-worker overpriced me. He couldn't match the $985 price because it was below his cost. (He showed me his cost....unless it was rigged). He offered me $1300. I told him if the other guy wouldn't have been so greedy and went with that from the get-go, I would have just let it go. I know they need to turn a profit, and that sounded reasonable.

Oh well. Their loss. :|

17. rocketman7

rocketman7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I just purchased the 4/55k Premium Pre-Paid Service contract from Troy. I figure it will save me almost $400 over the dealer's regular service price.

Thanks Troy!! 8)

18. bobm

bobm Junior Member

While we were waiting for our Prius, we had conversed with Troy and had planned on purchasing the extended warranty from him. Our car came in & we told our dealer that we could get the same warranty for $985 from Troy (7years/100,000miles/$0 deductable). After they realized that we knew what we were talking about, they matched Troy's price.

Knowing what you are talking about worked.

Thanks again, Troy!

bob :mrgreen:

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Troy had another very satisfied customer today.
    :D

20. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Just got my 6/100k warranty from Troy for $870
    Thanks Troy for giving us all such a good deal and GREAT service!
    If only BUYING the Prius was so easy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.