1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Talked with sales rep. he talked with business manager. Manager said that he did not have information yet about 2012 Prius v (vee) (model 5) extended or service plans yet. I did look at Toyota Financial Services site and downloaded their .pdf's

Yes, this morning I did visit Troy's website Warrantyshack.com and did request a quote (used default selections). Didn't have a VIN yet as we have kinda agreed on a purchase price... and getting ready to talk with Extended Warranty guy and wanted to learn as much about TFS prices and whats covered and NOT covered.

We are 360Texas

2. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

Just sent you a reply to your WarrantyShack request. Email me back if you still have any questions.

Thanks!

Troy

3. Skeet100

Skeet100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If I am reading this right, a second owner can not purchase this extended warranty, even if the car has less than 36k miles. The link on page one that says * purchased your vehicle used? Buy other warranties here... is a dead link. It doesn't take you to other warranties. What is recommended for those of us buying used? Thank you.

4. TOG

It makes no difference if you purchase the car new, used, or Certified. If it's within the original 3 yr / 36K factory comprehensive warranty, it's eligible.

Troy

5. jc562

jc562 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey Troy im new to the forum and stubbled upon this thread. I just purchased my car today and also purchased the 8yr/100k warranty. I sent a request to the link on pg1 for a warranty quote and will be cancelling the one i purchased soon if yours is cheaper. Also i had a few question about the warranty. It says 0 deductible does this apply to any dealer? The warranty i purchased said The 0 deductible only applied if i took it to the dealer i purchased from and any other dealer would charge me a $50 deductible. thanks in advanced

6. TOG

That's what is commonly referred to as a 'Disappearing' deductible, and Toyota doesn't offer that option. If you look at your agreement closely I think you'll also find that the administrator is someone other than Toyota Financial Services.

I just sent you a reply to your request through WarrantyShack...email me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Troy

7. wookie

wookie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks so much Troy for helping me with my new warranty. I'm so glad I got it before I went on my long trip. I just about went over the 36k limit. Whew. Hoping I don't need it but love the security blanket feeling ;-) You were a pleasure to work with.

8. Mopar

Mopar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

This thread looks like a good place to make my first post. I recently (Oct 27) bought 2 new 2011 Priis. I have been reading on this forum and learning as much about the Prius as I can.

I bought extended warranties for both cars. After reading this thread I am wandering if the dealer gave me the best deal he could. I had the impression when I purchased the contracts they were with Toyota. However, after studying them more closely they are with an insurance company called Olympicare. It has a 50.00 deductible and cost me 1888.00 for each vehicle. It has a long list of items not covered which mostly seems to be items that normally wear out such as tires, brakes, clutches etc.

I am curious what most of you have paid for your contracts. It seems I might could do much better for the money spent. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

9. pawwright

pawwright Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    re: mopar 'I am curious what most of you have paid for your contracts. It seems I might could do much better for the money spent. Any advice would be appreciated.'

Well I can tell you I purchased a 2011 Prius II base on Saturday - and the dealer tried to sell me the warranty for 7yr/100,000 for 2500.00. Not that I would ever spend that, but that is what the dealer offered -- and it was the toyota warranty, not a third party.

10. arkshop

arkshop New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought extended warranty for $1800 without GAP insurencefrom dealer.

I am planning to cancel the extended warranty and planning to buy MBI insurence.

11. TOG

Just so everyone knows, the pricing from the first thread here is still correct. I am offering the 7 yr / 100,000 mile plan in the Platinum coverage with $0 deductible for $1055.00 on the Prius / Prius v.

Troy

12. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Troy,

Just picked up or 2012 Prius V and bought an extended 72 month/75,000 "Execu-Care" Preferred Plus, offered by Mechanical Protection Plan. I stumbled upon your offer and now I may cancel my plan. I agreed to pay $1900! However, this plan covers the scheduled Maintenance also..Oil, lube, filter and rotations every 5 thousand miles...

What are your thoughts? I just sent you a quote request.

thanks in advance

13. TOG

I just sent you a reply to your request through WarrantyShack. If you still have any questions, just send me a reply via email.

Thanks!

Troy

14. ladycdw

ladycdw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :confused:I am looking at a 2010 Prius with 38,500 miles on it. Is there any type of warranty out there for me to purchase?

15. TOG

Sorry, once it's over the 36,000 mile mark there's nothing I can do.

16. mzarkos

mzarkos New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello - I'll be picking up a Prius v this week. I'd bought an extended warranty through you (Troy) for my 2005 Prius. Fortunately I didn't need to use it, but the peace of mind was worth the cost. (If only the warranty covered the HID bulbs!) This leads to my question - are the LED headlights covered under extended warranty since they are an electronic component?

Thanks

17. TOG

Great question! I just called Toyota Financial to confirm, and they said that LED's are considered an electrical component and not a lamp/bulb so they ARE covered.

Also, according to our source books, they're supposed to have a lifespan of at least 15 years, so if one did fail within the warranty period it would be because it was defective.

Troy

18. BlizzardPearlV

BlizzardPearlV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Troy are Canadian car able to get in on your deal for dealerships in Canada?

19. TOG

Sure, coverage is good anywhere in North America, including Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Troy

20. mzarkos

mzarkos New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Great! Thanks - appreciate the check and quick answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.