1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discovered a new feature - touch map lights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by yam, Feb 11, 2011.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i was amazed that the interior lighting dim.. fade on/fade off. i like it. a lot of cars are simply on and off.. and the proximity sensor that turns on the cabin lights.. still love that one... though less useful in a lighted parking garage.. very useful in the woods with no street lamps.

like marko polo... you don't want to beep it.. but you know if you just get close enough, it will light up.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    wait.. your 97 thunderbird didn't have anything?.. shame... this is why i didn't buy a new mustang... (my 1st pick when i was a teen)... 17k for an engine.. bah... everything else is manual... i Think they have power windows now.. lol.. j/k...

my 87 lincoln mark VII was fully loaded. i figured 10 years later the lower market would at least get automatic a/c... wishful thinking i guess...

i decided after that car that i have to have the auto a/c.. power everything... rear dim mirror... heated outside mirrors... etc.. the works... the prius is the only package available with nav that cost under 35k that had all those little items.

3. dnaboston

dnaboston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So when I first read this, I envisioned the map light where you push it in, it clicks and turns on...push it in, it clicks and turns off. Today in my car I look up and was reminded of this post so I gave it try. I touched, I pushed, I tried to use the force, tried a little percussion technique...mine do not turn on/off unless I use the switch. Am I missing something here?

Dave

4. DataWrangler

DataWrangler Prius Owner (finally!)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In my 2010 V ATP the map light switches are just outboard of the center off/door/on light switch.

[​IMG]

Actually the above picture must be for a model with the sunroof, but mine is similar without the open-close switch.

Below is what I have.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this one of those overhead console variations that differs with sunroofs and/or solar roofs?

6. dnaboston

dnaboston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh man am I an idiot...I am not Prius worthy.

7. DataWrangler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You have the twin sister of my car :cool:

How do you like it?

8. DataWrangler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yam,

This what you have. Yes the lights themselves are on/off switches. Pretty cool, eh? :cool:

[​IMG]

9. dnaboston

dnaboston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I love it. I wanted the dark gray interior and could only find it with the light gray. I am waiting for the snow to clear so I try the parking features. 98% of my drive is highway/interstate so I really take advantage of the DR cruise control.

Overall, I am completely disappointed in the upgraded audio system. I think it is crap. Reception is horrible on the FM side and it doesn't seem to handle bass very well. I am constantly adjusting the sound levels.

My only other complaint is the USB interface. Good control of the iPod but I hate the fact that my audiobooks start over everytime I turn the car off/on. If I had a workaround to that I would be happy.

I hit my highest MPG today with 45.2 so that was pretty exciting. When I got to work after filling up, the computer was showing 49.9 so with my 65 mile commute tomorrow I should be over 50 for the first time.

Once spring hits I am going to get the windows tinted as dark as I can legally go and I should be complete. I would like to get some slick wheels but not sure I will. All in all I am in love with my Lizzie.

How about you?

10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is that what it looks like with Safety Connect? Mine doesn't have Safety Connect and the panel is interior color-coded, not black.

[​IMG]

11. DataWrangler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Absolutely love it. BTW We even have the same interior.

I use the radar cruise control all the time. My only wish is that it didn't kick out at 24 mph. That would make Houston stop and go driving a dream. I usually set it to 10 over the flow of traffic and then just cruise. :cool:

Not so sure about the lane keep assist. It is kind of finicky.

Sound system is fine for me, but I listen to xm cnbc and my wife and enjoy the old time radio classic channel.

I like the look and handling of the hubcap-less 17" wheels and am quite happy with them.

Got mine with tinted windows, recommend it.

It has been unseasonably cold this past month and the heated seats are great, plus the engine warms up very fast due to the exhaust gas heat exchanger on the coolant loop.

Once she warms up, she cruises at 50+ mpg.

Most comfortable and technologically advanced car I have ever owned.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my 05 dakota has light switches built into the lites.