Display Audio w/ Nav - iPhone / USB not detected?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by lostinheadguy, Apr 7, 2018.

1. lostinheadguy

lostinheadguy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone!

I'm going to be purchasing a Prius v soon. I've always been interested in the car and I finally took one for a test drive today.

I was sitting around playing with the features of the Three / Five non-ATP display audio with navigation / Entune Apps, and there was some weirdness going on...

I wanted to check out how my iPhone 7's music sounded through the stereo. So, I did what any normal person would do and plugged in my Apple lightning-USB cable. I got a quick vibration indicating that charging was happening, but when I went to select it as a source in the audio menu, it wouldn't show up. My phone display showed that I needed to download the Entune app, but I really couldn't use it as I don't actually own a Toyota (yet). Bluetooth streaming works completely fine, though without album artwork when played through Spotify.

The car seemed to have a newer version of the software than what's shown in press photos of the Prius v, and my own phone is running iOS 10.

My question is - what setup would I need to do to get audio playback working through USB, once I get the car? I used to drive for rental companies which had Gen 3 2012-2015 Prius liftbacks with the Two trim, and USB worked fine through those, but I don't think they actually had Entune.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to joining the family soon!

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Plug-and-Play with USB charge-data cables and our iOS, Android, and Windows Phone OS devices.

3. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    #3 Sooner Al, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No reason to run the BT radio when a cable is needed to charge and run power-hungry GPS radio.

5. lostinheadguy

lostinheadguy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The big reason why I would use USB is for charging, which it did even when it didn't detect it as an audio source, thankfully. However, I really like having the album artwork on the screen as opposed to the generic music note graphic.

Drove for a rental agency with lots of 2015-era Entune systems (and a few Gen 3 Prius liftbacks), I would always get album artwork when running through USB, so I suspected it would work. Perhaps I'll take another local one for a drive here in a few weeks to see if it was that particular vehicle having an issue, I'm not sure I would purchase the one I drove the other day anyway.

#5 lostinheadguy, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018