1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display/Dashboard Screen Flashes Constantly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aleksbor, Sep 11, 2013.

1. aleksbor

aleksbor New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone,

Out of the blue the main screen started to flash. "Synergy hybrid drive" logo shows up, then screen goes off (every 1-2 seconds). I've searched prius chat/google and could not find any helpful info. Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you,

AK

2. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    have you replaced the 12v battery yet?

3. aleksbor

aleksbor New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't believe I have. Is this some sort of a universal fix? Do I need to check it's voltage first?

4. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
  5. aleksbor

aleksbor New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unboard check is not available since the screen flashes constantly. 12.43 V is the current multimeter reading. The 12V battery appears to be normal.

6. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Has it set up for some hours or just been driving? Overnight would give a more accurate reading. It may not be the 12V but the objective is to eliminate that first.

7. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hell yes, it is a universal fix! A Prius battery's expected lifetime is 60 months/five years (NOTE: most warranties are only 2-4 years). Several people have gotten lucky and reported 6-10 years, but most batteries last 4-5 (or less if you leave the lights on now and then, fully draining the battery). I would start trouble shooting an electrical problem by replacing and old battery first. Hell, yer gonna have to do it some time soon, so why not rule out one obvious variable?