1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display radio balance question

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Wanderer, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    For those of you that have the non-ATP display radio do you find the balance way off (front/rear) and bass high? When I set my volume and change my front to rear balance way off. The front is way loud and I can barely hear the back. Also my bass even two notches to the negative still rattles my teeth.

This is a new experience for me with a stock radio. Is this normal? This was with a normal HD FM station and satellite. W

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Lots of talk on stock speakers not up to par here, Also make sure your door panel protector is off the spearker grill. My mdl 2 2012 has awful sound, and cant hear the back, but it is the speakers that have most of the problem. Second is the head unit.

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hmm is this a 'problem' or just crappy speakers. Interesting question. At volume 20 I can barely hear the back and the front gives me a headache. My bass seems way off too. Normally the middle setting of bass works well for me but I turn it way down on this radio. If I don't my license plate rattles! I'm well past that phase of life where big bass is desirable. W