1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disproportionate Response

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hezbollah Rocket Attacks on Haifa Designed to Kill Civilians:

[Excerpts]

3. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

If you send your kid out to run across the tollway during rush hour traffic, is it the fault of Ford and GM if your child gets killed?

If you get a pile of leaflets dropped on your front lawn that says "We are going to bomb this neighborhood to rid it of our enemies, please get out of the way", then maybe you should take your kids and "Get out of the way". Children and non militants get killed in war. That is sad and bad. I would suggest that southern lebonon has had adequate warning and time for any innocent people to move out of the way. If someone is keeping their kid in that war zone at this point, then I begin to equate this with the tollway example. Keeping you kid in a warzone is exposing your child to extreme danger and if the child is hurt or killed, it was because of an Isrealie bomb, but was also the fault of the parent.

No leaflets are being dropped in Isreal to show which/when/where the rockets will land, yet those people are doing their best to shelter themselves and their kids... which makes sense to me... And, still a few get hurt or killed and that too is sad... and also why I suggest Isreal ramp up the heat...

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 25 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]291927[/snapback]</div>
    Agree with you totally. Israel has gone out of its way to protect innocent life while Hizbollah goes out of its way to use them as human shields. Even the UN has recognized this. Israel should do all in its power to DESTROY Hizbollah - remove this plague from the Earth.

5. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Where are the reports for Hezbollah on what "military" targets they have been aiming at?

Where is that information on aljazeera?

They say they do not target civilians, yet they offer no proof other then their "word".

At least Israel is showing actual targets hit, and as this progresses, they will show videos of Hezbollah targets right in the middle of the civilian areas.

My suggeston - Immediatly send multinational troops in the North and "force" Hezbollah towards the South. Get them in a sandwich. Then give them the choice - 1. Deport them to Iran 2. Fight to the death

Hopefully they will pick #2!

Then once they are in Iran, nuke em.

Oh no, poor Innocent Iranians!

For you nay sayers...don't you remember the threat that Libya once posed? After we dropped bombs on civilian targets (namely his house), we broke them! Look at them now...as proof that a disproportionate response CAN work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 24 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]291808[/snapback]</div>
    From same exact source:

Hezbollah Rocket Attacks on Haifa designed to kill Civilians

Human rights watch article

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 25 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]291985[/snapback]</div>
    U r so right - who is define disproportionate response - if it were us being hit trust me we would all want real payback so they would never dare think of hitting us again - oops is that what we are doing in the Middle East now :)

I like your sandwich idea too.

And we need to do Iran soon and kill the roots of terror.

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1914264.stm

Totally in-line with the concept the Israeli's see them as "sub-human" trash... I wonder where similar concepts have manifested themselves before... :rolleyes:

More attrocities...:

http://tyros.leb.net/qana/

8. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The Lebanese are nice calm people...

Michelle Malkin article

Barricks Bombing

From Sign on San Diego Article

The sounds
    The sounds Ciokon still remembers today.
    "The moaning. You hear 300 guys moaning. It was like the earth was moaning," he said.

Cpl. Al Silva, at a checkpoint several hundred yards away, joined other Marines guarding the rescue operation, which was hampered by snipers and looters.

"People were really pissed off," said Silva, now a master gunnery sergeant.

"The Lebanese were taking souvenirs," he said. "Marines took out their .45s and put them to their heads to make them stop

Face it, they may be "innocent" in that they are not armed and pose no direct threat to us...but they would just assume we were all dead...even Americans who sympathized with them would be dead.

9. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
  10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 26 2006, 01:50 AM) [snapback]292442[/snapback]</div>
    It is sad that Israel is losing young soldiers in an effort to minimize civilian casualties and the world will not recognize it. It would be much easier and less costly if Israel was just to "bomb away" - something no doubt Hezbollah or Hamas would do - or I should say, does.