1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disqualified from e-filing? (TurboTax Online)

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by kettledrum, Feb 13, 2007.

1. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    First off, as an aside, I should mention that anyone who is a State Farm Insurance customer can use TurboTax Online and file their Federal and state returns for free. Log into your account and you should see a link on the left that says FREE tax filing. I used this last year and it was great. Just thought I would share this information if any was unaware of it.

Now onto the meat of my problem. I was using TT Online and started doing my taxes over the weekend. I did not receive the warning that form 8910 was not yet ready for TT to use. I finished up my taxes and e-filed yesterday.

I get an email saying that my return was rejected. I go online to see why and TurboTax is saying, "There are issues with your return that disqualify you from e-filing your return. You must file this return by mail."

Then the next screen tells me I had an "Error Code 0035: This is a general reject condition relating to the data that is in the Form and Field indicated." It never tells me any more information than that, though.

I'm wondering if TurboTax is still not authorized to submit form 8910. If this is the case, I should not be the only one. Remember, I did not receive any warnings when doing the credit section of the return. I'm more than willing to print my return and mail it in, if necessary, but if I can just wait until the end of the week and try to e-file again, I'd rather do that.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe there have been a number of posts here from TurboTax users with TurboTax saying they expect to update the 8910 form in their software on Feb 16. If you're using TurboTax, you should probably wait until then. See this post http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=383112

3. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use TT online as well (though not through State Farm) and I've consistently been getting a message saying that the hybrid forms will not be ready until Feb 16th. (I'm sure they're ready, but they are not integrated into TT online yet.) Why not do as you suggested and give it another shot after the 16th - many of us are in the same boat!

4. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Why am I not receiving any warnings that the form won't be ready until 2/16? Am I just special? :D

5. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Feb 13 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]389463[/snapback]</div>
    TaxAct is free if your AGI is less than 52K and it does have form 8910 in it.

6. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Feb 13 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]389463[/snapback]</div>
    I went to my State Farm account online and I have no such link for free tax filing. I no longer use them for home or auto, just some life policies, and no banking or mutual fumds through them. But I get a good price ($4.95) on TT through my Vanguard account. I have completed my return using the TT online, but TT said I can't submit it until 2/16. I don't see where you say that the cause of your TT e-filie rejection was due to the 8910 form. Maybe it was something else you entered. Did you go through all the review options to see if TT questioned any of your input? Log back on and go through it again.

7. jd.buchanan

jd.buchanan Electric Mayhem

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We received the exact same error (Error 35). We had seen the Feb. 16th error, but kept checking every few days, just in case. When it allowed us to file we assumed that all was well.
    If you check the error codes on the Intuit website, Error 35 refers to a miscalculation in lines that have no reference to our return (something about claiming a dependants childs interest, I don't remember to be honest) that should be resolved in 'mid-Feb'.
    So I guess we still have to wait.

I found the support topic - here it is:
    Error 0035: "Field Sequence Numbers..." When Checking E-filing Status
    This message occurs when checking the status of an e-filed return. Here's the complete message:

Error 0035: Field Sequence Numbers within each record must be in ascending order and must be valid for that record.

This error indicates that line 6 of Form 8814, Parents' Election to Report Child's Interest and Dividends, is invalid.

This is a known issue in TurboTax, and it will be resolved in a mid-February product update. After applying the update, you can e-file your return. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Be sure to update TurboTax regularly to ensure you have the latest forms and program modifications.

8. jd.buchanan

jd.buchanan Electric Mayhem

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After checking the Turbo Tax user support forums, it appears this is happening to everyone who uses form 8910.
    Here's the latest response from the online user support person:
    This "bug" is a rejection code that is issued by the I.R.S. This is happening with ALL tax software.

Here's some of the rejects from the I.R.S. site - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/1346etd2.pdf

The information for this is -
    Sequence Numbers of fields for each record must be in ascending

order and valid for that tax document.

When we get these we have to decipher what is causing it (or what it means) and get it straightened out with the I.R.S. Somtimes this is fairly simple, and some times it takes several days.

In some cases the only option is to file by paper. In this case it appears to be the 8910 that is causing the problem, so there is the option to remove the 8901 and file it separately. If you remove the 8910 it will be successfully e-filed. Then you would need to do an amended return for the 8910 and mail it.

This is being looked into to, but so far it appears as though this is going to be difficult to correct.

I'll keep you informed as I get more information.

Sorry, I'm doing my best to get you guys through.

Message Edited by TurboTaxRance on 02-13-2007 02:37 PM

9. Priwes

Priwes New Member

same thing happened to me today... i guess i should wait till the end of the week and try and e-file again i suppose :angry:

10. filiberti

filiberti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am filing Turbo Tax thru state farm and I had gotten that notice about Feb 16 BUT this week 2/13
    Turbo Tax emailed me that the form 8910 was ready so I went ahead and filed . Then today 2/14 I got notice FED rejected it and some bug with that 8910 form , UNKNOWN FIELD ? and Turbo Tax said just to file AGAIN so that is what I did . Got fingers crossed .
    feb 14/2007

2/14/2007 OK 5 hrs later I got emailed Federal ACCEPTED my return so I am done with Turbo Tax and got it done for FREE from State Farm .

11. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone successfully efiled that got this message? I'm hoping to not have to wait for the processing time of paper filing.

12. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL Buckeye @ Feb 13 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]389749[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I didn't. I was deducting that the 8910 was the cause from what others had posted about 8910 not being available until 2/16. However, I never got a message saying that 8910 wasn't ready.

Thank you, Electric Mayhem, for your post about the info from the TT support forums. It seems I need to take a wait and see approach for a couple of days.

13. tag

tag Senior Member

FWIW, here's the latest on TT 2006:

Version 2006.00.05 (Released 2/14/2007)

The following forms have been finalized:

...*Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit...

This update includes the following program modifications:

...*Corrects the issue where, if an amount was entered on the Other Credits Smart Worksheet for Form 8910 or 8911, the form name did not flow to line 55c of Form 1040...

14. TNJellyBean

TNJellyBean New Member

i'm using tax-cut rather than turbo tax, but it's not letting me do anything until the next update - supposedly tomorrow... sure hope it won't be rejected.... *crosses fingers*

15. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

The problem has now been resolved. I was able to successfully e-file my return with form 8910 this morning.

16. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I successfully e-filed tonight. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

17. Priwes

Priwes New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Feb 14 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]390146[/snapback]</div>
    I redid mine last night after receiving the rejection message the night before and it got accepted this time B)

18. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yay! My return just got accepted. Whew.