1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diverting Inverter Coolant

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Feri, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Recently we have had heat wave conditions with the equivalent of plus 110 degree F weather. I noticed that for the first time my inverter coolant temperature reached 140 degrees F. I have had some weird messages and the yellow triangle pop up when the physical brakes cut in. The message comes and goes so quickly all we could read was something about "ID Block". No codes were thrown up. I believe this is due to heat "stress".

I am considering obtaining a small radiator/heat exchanger, installing it in the space before the radiator and diverting the inverter coolant to it for extra cooling. Is there any impediment or down side to this?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Thanks for the link! Has it made a big difference to your car? I was thinking of just letting natural air flow do the cooling.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lol, it's not my car. ;)

5. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Yeah sorry! I was very tired and didn't read the other thread sufficiently. Thanks again for resurrecting it for me.;)