1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Glad you like it. A funny thing about this is that I just ran by wally world yesterday to pick up oil and filters. I grabbed another filter wrench as I walked down the aisle, just to hang on the wall. It was only about 4 bucks. I don't always put my tools away perfectly and then waste time looking for them when I need to do a job. Last oil change I spent about 10 minutes looking for the wrench. Now if I 'misplace' it again, I can just grab the new one. This is why I end up with so many tools, lol.

Armando Zapanta Jr likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The strap wrench (as shown in #12) is a great one to have around, as it works on any size filter, plus many other kinds of object you might happen to feel like turning.

3. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Channel locks -- even a pipe wrench -- have been used more than once, but over the years, I have accumulated (and probably lost) more than a few filter wrenches. At the moment, I think I have one strap that attaches to any 1/4-inch socket (haven't used it for years). One wrench that looks like something a dentist would use to pull a molar -- that was the only thing that seemed to work on my old Mustang -- Self-Adjusting Oil Filter Pliers
    [​IMG]
    Also have three various sized "caps," and one tool that looks like alligator teeth. Most of the time, I can take the filters off by hand, since I do all oil changes myself and never torque down too much on the filters. But when I need a wrench the alligator below is the "go-to." https://www.powerbuilt.com/products/powerbuilt-universal-auto-sizing-oil-filter-wrench-942006
    [​IMG]

#23 Stevewoods, Mar 14, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  4. Hoonetic

Hoonetic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I used tthe same filter wrench from Walmart and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. The whole oil change was actually a pleasure! lol

Have fun!

Armando Zapanta Jr likes this.