1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DIY plugin prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Flying White Dutchman, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK just a small update! and bump

back in 2008 and 2009 i drove around with the BMS+ and 2 added OEM packs

i removed those in 2009 because on long trips it would mean a lower mpg because of the added weight and in short trips i used the bike-cycle.

now its 2012 already and after more then 2 years without a plugin i am going to build one again.!

this time with A123 20Ah Nano-lifepo4 cells and contactor based
    i stil have that stuff from 2008 that i never used and i am building a battery case now

balancing will be top balance using bleeding boards and a charger TC 1500 with current control

monitoring and relay control i use 9 cellllogs to measure the 72 cells i am going to use
    and trip a relay when a over-voltage ( charger off or maybe low current mode ) or under-voltage ( beep ) occurs

back in 2008 people where thinking i would never get it done
    and i did go for a BMS+
    no 2012 i am going to build the contactor based system stil using the BMS+ and canview

there is a new BMS+ the BMS2 where you dont need to have canview what would safe in price of the total system.

i am not really updating this topic because its al going down here ;-)
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-p...laning-canview-bms-conversion-lithium-44.html