1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DIY Replaced Headlight issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kelli Ann, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Kelli Ann

Kelli Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    My 2008 driver's side headlight went out. I purchased a Phillips HID bulb (2 actually) and replaced it myself without pulling the bumper. It works but is way off on it's level, high and left. I reseated it, and it was the same. I'm actually looking at replacing the passengers side assembly as the left is new and the right is old and cloudy.

If all is seated correctly, would this mean that the "Leveler" is now bad? I've read that this can be an issue. I miss the days where you could take a screwdriver and adjust your own headlights.

I'm to the point of going to my neighborhood mechanic to have them try. They are talking $120 just to do the one, that's why I'm thinking about getting the new assembly and doing it all at once as they say they are going to pull the front bumper. Any other thoughts out there????