1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DLR leds randomly blinking and flashing? Driver side only, maybe only when raining

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Serval, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Serval

Serval Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Noticed my driver side day time running light (the LEDs) are blinking on and off randomly-ish (seems to happen or be noticeable while stopped, maybe which other lights are on impact it - I only see it when driving and notice the reflection on the back of other driver's cars). Sometimes they stay on but then start blinking an randome intervals, seems worse when turn signals are on but maybe that's because I only see it when I'm stopped, often at a turn where I see it in the other car's bumper reflecting back at me.

I've only noticed it when it's raining but no dry time to check if that's actually the issue.

Is this an issue anyone else had (and was able to troubleshoot/repair)?

I'm guessing there's a loose connection or wire somewhere - any suggestions on where to start looking?

If it matters, I have LED bulbs in the small lights next to the head lights (not turn signals) and throughout the car's interior and license plate lights.