1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do All MFDs with Navigation Include Backup Camera?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Michael Crestohl, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Michael Crestohl

Michael Crestohl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I am looking at a 2007 that seems loaded with accessories, leather seats, navigation, bunch of buttons on the rear-view mirror, etc. However it does not have the backup camera which I would like. Seller says that the rear hatch was replaced. I am wondering if the car has the wiring and the MFD for a backup cam without the actual camera. How can I tell?
    Thanks all for the wisdom and knowledge……
    Michael

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What happens when the car is put into "reverse"? This should trigger the system to display the rearview camera. If there used to be a camera, but no longer due to hatch being swapped, it's possible the screen would just be blank, as if the camera were unplugged. If the MFD display doesn't change at all when the car is put in reverse, I would lean toward no camera having been there. But, this is all guessing. I suppose I could disconnect the camera on mine and see what happens....

Another option is you can get the part number from the back of the MFD and see if it's the camera model.

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You can check the as delivered options with the VIN on the Toyota owners site for free.
    There are also sites to download the original Monroney sticker for the vehicle from the VIN