1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do Canadian Prius have the EV button?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Kacey Green, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

I was just wondering if they were just US Prius with modifications to the default codes (think Daytime Running Lights) or if they were a different car altogether. Do they have the thermos too?

2. Smooth Operator

Mine does. But that is only because a friend has a friend in Japan who mailed it to Canada and Frank Hudon bailed me out when I was messing up the installation.

The Canadian and US models are very similar, although the options are different and there are some minor differences in standard equipment.

You'll see that the owners manual given to Canadian and American purchasers make reference to both US and Canadian issues such as scheduled maintenance.

None of the cars sold in Canada or US are "US Prius". They are all "Japan Prius" configured for the two markets.

So, for example all the cars sold in Canada come with the rear wiper standard, while this is an option in the US. All the cars sold in Canada come with DRL standard. DRLs are not available in the US and HIDs are not available in Canada. The thermos is in cars in Canada and the US.

3. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Thanks for the info, my friendly neighbor to the north :)