1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I have a defective Entune unit?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by joe77, Feb 7, 2020.

1. joe77

joe77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Aqua
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello everyone,,
    After only two weeks in my new car, I've had the Entune unit fail to boot several times. When I turn the car on, I'll see the basic boot-screen warning message for longer than usual, then the screen and the lights around it go out for a few seconds, then come back to the same screen. This has happened four times now. On the second occasion, it took the screen three attempts to boot successfully.

Each time this has happened, the system has lost my nav settings and my text-message settings. It comes up in the default "North up" orientation, split-screen navigation (on freeways, it shows me an exit list), at 300 ft. My preferred settings are "Angled forward" view, single-screen in all modes, 700 ft. The text-message screen also reverts to its default sound-effect for notifying me about incoming messages. And in the most recent incident, it also dropped my route (I'd stopped to use a restroom and turned the car off while navigating).

It's worth noting that the system still has my memory points, Bluetooth settings, audio settings, etc. - it appears to be only a subset of the settings that get reverted, mostly affecting the nav unit.

Is this a common issue for other 2016 owners? Should I take this back to the dealer and seek a warranty claim???

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hi joe, the 2016 is no longer under warranty. look for a replacement on ebay, they are easy to install

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it a 2016 or 2017? You have another post in relation to a 2017 car.