1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I have to jack up my car to change the fog bulbs?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macmaster05, May 28, 2010.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looking to replace my fog light bulbs. Do I have to use a jack to raise my car? It's not lowered. I've seen the instructions posted here but they make no mention of having to raise the car. I dont have a jack and have never used one. Anyone who has changed these bulbs, please advise. Thanks.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't had occasion to remove the fog light bulbs. However if you plan to remove the engine under covers for access, I think you'll find this is much easier if you raise up the front of the car so that the front wheels hang down. That will give you better access to the hardware in the wheel wells that secure the under covers.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    When the first lens got hit by ravel/rocks being thrown up (followed quickly by the 2nd lens getting cracked) I wrote those suckers off. They've been cracked, with 1 out ever since 2004. It's a very humble look, but some time you have to know the score ... and with those things so low down ... well it's just a matter of time.
    :p