1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I look slower in my prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rachmaninoff, May 18, 2007.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Toric @ May 18 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]445087[/snapback]</div>
    What color is your Prius?
    When we were shopping for ours, we looked at the colors... and even though I really liked a couple of the colors, they tended to render the cars invisible on the highways.

We bought the Super White, and my Dear Hubby keeps saying that other Priuses that are colored look smaller, when you can see them at all! I parked next to a grey one that looked about 1/3 smaller than mine... it really wasn't.

I also performed a blessing ritual on mine, and asked the resident dragon to protect it. I tend to have lots of room around mine.

2. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ May 21 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]446951[/snapback]</div>

I have the Barcelona Red Metalic. I would think this would make me more visible.

3. jewelerdave

jewelerdave New Member

I went from a 78 corvette to a prius and my driving habits have defiantly changed.
    The savings on gas for the same distance traveled actually just about makes the payment :D

I have noticed a lot of people ride my nice person but I use the cruse often and set it for max efficiency, its fun to do.
    I have noticed a lot less stress in my life since driving the prius. I take more time to get places and enjoy the views (Colorado) :)

I have yet to have anyone try to race me in my prius, but I can tell you driving the older vette around every ricer out there wants to race me...my thoughts on it. Why waste my time, gas and wear and tear on my car to impress some dumb kid.
    occasionally at the next light when they caught up I would roll the window down and say "its called torque, Look into it"
    But even more fun that adds even more insult to injury before any "race" happens I simply put my hand to my ear when they rev there engine as if I cant hear them over my idle, shrug my shoulders and when the light turns green let them fly away and I accelerate normally. They get so pissed and worked up over being treated that way.
    Even more funny is when there is a cop a few cars back and I get to watch the cop take off after the car, lights blazing. The 4 times this has happened I always honked and waved to the kid who got pulled over.
    :D

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Bransons @ May 19 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]445963[/snapback]</div>
    They're not being rude. They're just too busy looking at their MFD, so they can gloat about their mileage.

Dave M.

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wayne60014 @ May 21 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]446725[/snapback]</div>
    If everyone drove a Prius, driving styles would probably change sufficiently to cut the accident rate (at least death related accidents) in half.

OK, so I'm just being optimistic. But I'm sure my own driving attitude has changed, and that's probably true of a lot of people driving a Prius.

Dave M.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ May 21 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]446756[/snapback]</div>
    Definitely the metallic silver color is harder to see in overcast conditions.

Dave M.