1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I need to have my new 2 Eco looked at?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Brandon Wardell, Jan 8, 2018.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If I survive, then I can brag. (y) It's a miserable trip, but I have to admit it's pretty exciting, even the 3rd time. Hooda thunk it growing up? :eek:

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. axle2152

axle2152 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I will add this for the sake of the OP's concern. Unlikely nothing wrong with your car. If it is cold (under 50 F) or very hot (i.e. car is parked in sun during a hot day) and your commute is short, stop and go, plus add in aggressive driving. Your gas mileage will go way down. When climate control and warm up cycles are taking place gas mileage isn't that great and very noticeable on short trips. If you're driving 20 miles at 60 MPH without climbing or stopping, then we might have something going on.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  3. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Yep...in colder weather ( which is a good part of the year around here )...if I can stand it, I turn the heater OFF until the warmup cycle is complete. This can help quite a bit. A heated, or even attached but unheated, garage can also help..of course.

Summer isn't as much of a problem since the A/C system is all electric. Yes, it will use some of your electricity. However, it isn't nearly as bad as the cold weather warmup cycle.

#43 farmecologist, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    RCO likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you trade it in on a c?

5. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On Wednesday the 25th I drove from Chattanooga Tn. to NW Indiana traveling mostly 70-75 mph a total of 575 miles and the computer in the car said I was getting high 50's. I didn't really track mpg on my trip to Florida and back but was happy with my gas usage on my first long trip. I now have 4,600 miles on my 2016 Prius. I live about 40 miles east of Chicago.

RCO and krmcg like this.