1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do It Yourself Moulding, MudGuards, Bumper

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by jas1178, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jas1178

jas1178 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyone installed the side mouldings, mud flaps, and rear bumper appaque?

Considering adding the three, and wanted to see the level of expertise required.

Also - considering the center console cover (destroyed the fabric one in my old car) - anyone purchased this? Opinions?

Thanks!

2. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've done all except the rear bumper appaque (came installed from factory).

I did all the installations myself. The mud flaps require the rear wheels to be removed to drill one hole..the fronts can be installed without wheel removal. Just turn the wheels out of your way.
    The side moldings require a bit more time..it will go faster if you have someone to help you. Just a word of caution. The tape backing on my moldings was in two pieces..The last two inches was a separate piece. MAKE SURE you take the backing off of the short end first before you start. I found out out the hard way. It was very hard to remove the backing once most of the molding was attached. But I got it.

The center counsel cover is a piece a cake..just wrap around the counsel and attach the Velcro tape..

check out my other post..

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-v...101975-ive-been-prius-v-accessory-junkie.html

3. copman

copman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I did all my own installations...side mouldings...pinstripes...and removed the wheel covers as you can see. I will be doing the EV mirror, fog lamps, and lighted door sills next weekend..

Attached Files:

4. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The mudflaps are definitely worth the time and bother.

I got mine within a week of taking delivery of my "v."

They are made in Canada and fit perfectly. It is a straight forward easy installation.

Don't worry about drilling the holes and causing rust. The holes are drilled into the plastic bumpia facia of the back bumper under the wheel well area and for "push in" plastic rivets in the wheel well liner. Yo drill NO metal, so you don't remove any paint that might start rust.

As an added measure of protection, I applied a rustproofing compound to the steel blackened steel pring clips and screws that were supplied with the kit.

It's the best $100 I spent. I got mine on eBay for $94 delivered. If I had to do it all over, again, I do it again.

5. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I've done all 3 - kind of. Instead of the rear bumper "applique" (i.e., decal), I added the hard plastic rear bumper protector. Much better protection. They're quick and easy to do.

I got everything right here from the PriusChat store.

If your mud flaps don't include the instructions, just send me your email address in a PM and I'll send the instructions to you. (I've done this about 25 times now.)

1 person likes this.
  6. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I wish I had known you had the instructions before I installed my mud flaps. :) Seriously though, the mud flaps were very easy to install, even without the instructions. I'm very pleased with them. They are a high-quality accessory and blend in nicely with the vehicle.