1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do Prius Need Custom Seat Covers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gasoleaner, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Gasoleaner

Gasoleaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey everyone. When I first got my Prius I got seat covers. I'm a tad bored with them now as they've been on there for two years. I'm looking to get some new ones. Do Prius need custom seat covers made specifically for the Prius? I had to get custom ones made when I first got mine because I wanted this particular kind of fabric used. I'm giving my little car a make over. :)

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As long as the cover you choose has the cutouts, or breakaway panels for the Airbags, you should be OK!.
    I personally went with WET OKOLES. Pricey, but OH SO NICE!!!

Look Here.. Toyota Prius Seat Covers - Front

I have a Barcelona Red, so in the pic you will see think Red instead of Blue!! They have a lot of choices!

3. Gasoleaner

Gasoleaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    KK6PD - Is this airbag true for the front airbags as well as the side airbags? I have the base 2006 model that does not have the side airbags....

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That only comes into play if you have a Dash Cover. I looked at several, and ALL had "Weak" points so 1 -The bag system inflates properly. 2 - So you don't eat a face full of dash cover. I passed on a dash cover, just could not find one that I wanted! If your just doing the seats don't even worry about it. Just be sure you get what makes you happy!! That's what it's all about!

5. Gasoleaner

Gasoleaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks KK6PD! I am not sure what I want to do inside. I'll look into those Wet Okoles.

I'm all about doing what makes me happy! Heck, I have steer horns on my Prius! I kind of want to take them off but so many people get a kick out of the horns that I feel like I need to keep them on....it was done as a joke for a weekend and now they've been on there for months!

6. Breezy

Breezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've used Wet Okole seat covers on my 2005's, 2006's, 2008 and now ordered some for my 2010. They are unbelievable!. They also make the seats more comfortable because of the 1/2 cushioning.

7. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, the Wet Okole seat covers are excellent and add some nice padding. You can also purchase them without opening for the side airbags.