1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do they have to be this big?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GrumpyCabbie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Guinness? It's lovely. You can't judge it after one pint. To truely appreciate Guinness you have to get totally pi**ed on it. After that you'll be smitten.

Oh and it puts hairs on your chest.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i want beer that takes hair off of my chest.;)

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    …but I think the OP is referring to the stuff which looks like horse wee-wee in a glass with a Guinness label on the side (can't get away from the bloody adverts over here on the Left-Side of T'Pond! The real Guinness is just like cream (if the glass and liquid are at room temperature, and Mine Host knows how to pour Guinness!)

- sa

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    exactly, love the real guiness, this new stuff is just for the bud light crowd. granted, it's a very large crowd, but come on.

5. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this one of those beers that tastes like lager but isn't fizzy, and has a creamy head like Guinness or Northern English bitter?

I love a creamy-headed proper beer. I simply do not understand creamy-headed lager.

6. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I doubt our American friends would consider (or perhaps handle) proper beers like those. They'd just make jokes about it being warm etc, rather than show their mettle by downing a fair few pints.

I wouldn't want to say they were shandy light weights, but.... :sneaky:

hkmb likes this.
  7. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Rambling along, beer in the usa is always served cold or colder because it tastes so bad warm, pity, what a waste of time and money to make beer that has to be cold to be ingested, same with wine, chilling it to kill the taste? what a waste, serve it just under room temp if you must, but... now the wine is also made so "poorly" it has to be cooled.

I'm pretty sure the "american friends" are more than capable of ingesting whateversohappenstobeputinfrontofthem;) and then some.

8. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ah you understand. On a hot day there's nothing nicer than an cold one, but a nice pint of English ale/bitter does the trick too. It's served warm in the manner you describe ie warm compared to ice cold but certainly colder than room temperature. Here it is stored at 12c/54f which is warm enough for it to go down nicely and cold enough to be enjoyable. It also doesn't kill the taste.

Regarding wine, a lot of people think red wine should be stored at room temperature but that was back in the 1850's when a room was much colder; think 14c/57f instead of 22c/72f.

9. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mutually exclusive.

GrumpyCabbie likes this.
  10. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I think that's the thing that a lot of Americans misunderstand. They think of "warm beer" in two wrong ways. First, they think it's room temperature, when it's not - it's still cool. And second, I think a lot of them are thinking of the idea of warm lager, which is disgusting. "Warm" (not actually warm) bitter or stout or ale is a fine thing.

11. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The title of this thread left me sooooooo disappointed. :cry:

:LOL:

Mendel Leisk and GrumpyCabbie like this.
  12. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Indeed. A big difference between a warm larger in that it is slightly warmer than ice cold, and coming home to a warm house after a walk on a winters day. Would tepid be a better description? A tepid beer? Hmm, nah.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have no idea, it's just a bombardment of guiness ads for beer that 'looks' and probably tastes american. i prefer a stout or a porter, something with body and taste. but i suppose guiness see's a large 'untapped' market.:cool: