1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do we have a recommendation for a bluetooth phone?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clifford, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm trying to decide between the Razr and the Motorola Q.. anyone out here have a Q??? did it transfer phone book (are you on verizon)? does it pair well with the Prius? thanks........... :D

EDIT: In looking at the Verizon website, they have the Motorola Q listed as having the phone book transfer (OBEX feature) as being "enabled" on this phone, and listing the phone book transfer as enabled for the 2006, 2007 Prius. Interesting huh? Maybe Verizon is going to stop their attempts at being "Big Brother".....

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://toyota.letstalk.com/ has some compatibility info/test case results for various phones including the Motorola Q. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover sound quality. All answers seem to be a binary yes/no.

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busdriver @ Dec 9 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]359773[/snapback]</div>
    I think that's a menu on the phone, not the Prius. I have a different phone, but I also need to initiate sending a namecard/business card from my phone, and under that option I have options to do it via Bluetooth or two other methods - the Prius only uses Bluetooth.

4. scoot

scoot Member

I'm using a Nokia 6310i because it is required for the hard-wire kit in the "other car". It works fine but doesn't download the phone book or at least I haven't found out how to do that. I think it is too old to do it.

5. charliehoward

charliehoward Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could you explain how you were able register the Motorola V557 with the Prius' Bluetooth? My 2007 Prius displays a passcode and tells me to enter that into the phone, but the phone doesn't have an option for that. The phone offers the choice of "Handsfree" or "Find me", but neither lets me enter the passcode. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Charlie Howard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Nov 15 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]349935[/snapback]</div>