1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do we have any idea what the 2006 Prius will be like?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kidtwist, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You're joking, right? I sat in a new Dodge hemi truck last year and the seat seemed straight out of the 70's. Also sat in a new Chrysler 300C Hemi last fall, ditto.

2. wilco

wilco New Member

Actually, now that you mention it I'm starting to remember how uncomfortable my friend's similar vintage Prelude's seats were. My brother has a newish Civic that I find pretty comfy though.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

2004- Intro
    2005- no change
    2006- LE model with leather, 6-way power seats, upgraded stereo, new colors
    2007- S model with engine/suspension tweaks, interior color options
    2008- closeout year; options packaged as standard

4. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As far as seats go, I also think that the seats in the Honda products that I had were far more comfortable than the ones in my Prius. I had an '87 Acura Integra, which did have adjustable headrests and a '95 Integra GS-R that did not have adjustable headrests, and the seats in both were supremely comfortable, even after 10-14 hour drives. One of my closest friends had various Hondas over the years as well (mid 80s Prelude, 88 Integra, 96 Civic Coupe, 02 Civic coupe), and the seats in all of those cars were far more comfortable than the seat in my Prius. However, nothing I have ever sat in comes even close to those torture devices that passed as seats in my '81 Olds Delta 88 Royale Brougham.

I am 6'2" and approx. 215 lbs, and for me the bottom seat cushion is too short and too low and provides no support and the sides are not bolstered enough, although I do like the firmness of the seat. Even a manual seat height adjustment allowing for a different height of the front or rear of the seat would be a tremendous improvement.

5. wilco

wilco New Member

Does ltu1542hvy = LTU 1542 heavy, i.e. LTU International Airways? Are you an Airbus driver?

6. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes, yes and I wish. A long time ago I was looking for a screen name for an IM system and most of the obvious ones were already taken so I had to pick something very obscure. I picked this as an inside joke for a close friend who is a hardcore civil aviation fanatic (who has nearly 5000 pictures posted on airliners.net!!), and ever since I have reused this screen name wherever I needed one. LTU 1542 used to be a weekly non-stop from Düsseldorf to Phoenix that was first operated with an MD-11 and later with a 767-300ER.

7. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the 2008 will be the next gen Prius, since the 4th year of the model cycle is 2007(04,05,06,07).
    Would be great to see some spy pics of that car.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless they have some sort hybrid breakthrough (e..g THSII to HSD), it'll come out in 2009. I'm starting to see why most of you are thinking 2008. The same reason MB is revamping its luxury S-Class for 2006 - a five year cycle as opposed to 11 years for the previous generation.

9. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ltu1542hvy\";p=\"67099)</div>
    Gotcha. That is a pretty obscure handle.

I guessed Airbus because the last LTU aircraft I saw was an A330.

Airliners.net is certainly the mother of all aviation sites. For some more unusual fare check out this site:
    http://www.aviationpics.de/index.html

10. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wilco, I'm going to move this to a new thread in Fred's House of Pancakes, since I'd hate to hijack the original poster's topic.

11. wilco

wilco New Member

:oops: To put this thread back on track...

I doubt there will be any major changes/differences, but I'll submit some guesses for things they might do for '06.

- A choice of interior colors - not linked to exterior color
    - A change in the exterior color palette (or just additional colors)
    - Turn signal mirrors
    - Optional 16" wheels
    - Optional four wheel discs
    - Optional back-up cam
    - Sound system improvement

All of these things could be offered with little effort since they all exist for other markets, and it would give the impression of change/improvement without any serious re-tooling.

12. MacPrince

MacPrince New Member

Well, considering the announcement from Toyota a few months back, I think the XM factory option and Sirius dealer option are all but guaranteed.

13. Epp

Epp New Member

What announcement are you referring to?? I am considering postponing my purchase until 2006 ONLY because of the lack of XM.

14. MacPrince

MacPrince New Member

15. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm surprised anyone would wait until 2006 for the XM. The only advantage would probably be a nicer shark fin antennae over the factory option XM installed by the owner.

A bigger issue for 2006 buyers would be that the $2000 tax credit good for this year would mean wheels on the ground by Dec 31, 2005. If the tax credit expires, it will be a significant drop to $500. So buyers of a 2006 would have to time the purchase so that the Prius arrives 4th quarter 2005 and not a day later.

16. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Geez. You might say I'm a cars hound.
    Currently I have:
    '93 T100: Best bench seats I've ever ridden in.
    '95 Camry: Worst seats of the bunch - Daughter drives it.
    '02 Camry: Nice seats - Wife's car.
    '03 Avalon: Great leather seats - comfy, perhaps too comfy.
    '05 Prius: Nice seats - probably more than adequate as I've driven it for more than a couple of hours and never felt uncomfortable, maybe cause I was excited.

17. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    My husband wants a targeting display for his phasers (set for disintegrate). Get the idiots off the road! :guns:

He designed the displays for the F22. You should have seen him playing with the display on the demo.

Still waiting for my 05...
    Lisa

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When he gets it worked out sign me up!!! :lol: I defiantly will buy one. Cost is no object. Live long and prosper.