1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you believe the official version of 9/11?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Hey, wasn't Sheen one of the actors whom said they would leave the U.S. if Bush won another term?

:D

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

He is not allowed to leave. Then there would be no one to testify as to the structural defects of the WTC's and how they were blown up by the CIA and President Bush. He also provides important explaination as to the hijackers were CIA agents planted in Saudia Arabia 30 years ago - he said that they knew all along George Bush would be President - it was in a dream they had. And after the election - they sprang the plan.

I wish half the people who threaten to leave this country would actually stand behind their words - but then again if they did they couldn't believe what they say every day :lol:

3. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

How do you know the WTC is actually gone? Maybe THAT is the conspiracy, and it's Sheen and company trying to pull that one over on you and me and the president. Perhaps they are still there.

I mean.. how can you be sure... really sure that the buildings actually came down?

So, you say you saw them fall on live TV after you think you saw Sheen's fake plane hit it...

On another note.... Did you guys know that Bush actually hangs out on Prius Chat to figure out his policy. He listens to the liberal idiots on here and then does the opposite. It's a guaranteed way to do the right thing every time.

4. Emma

Emma New Member

No.
    I may have been born at night...but it wasn't LAST NIGHT.

5. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, I do not believe the official version of 911. Our govt. is not honest about much of anything it seems. Nothing new about that. It seems to be a quality of all politicians.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I believe that Bush et. al. would be more than willing to slaughter 5,000 Americans in cold blood in order to further their political agenda, strengthen their popularity, and increase their own personal wealth through the attendant opportunities for kickbacks from military spending.

I do not believe they are competent enough to pull it off, much less keep it secret from everyone but the conspiracy theorists. Box openers or no box openers, those planes hit the buildings. There's videotape and there are witnesses in abundance.

I'd almost be willing to believe the lesser conspiracy: that they knew something big was coming and allowed it, in order to have an excuse for their draconian assault on American liberty and democracy.

But I find it more convincing that they were just too incompetent to prevent it.

Without a doubt, bin Laden and Bush are each others' best ally. Bin Laden gives Bush a "terrorist" enemy to rail against and justify the wars and the crippling of liberty at home, which were already on his agenda, and only required an excuse to implement; and Bush gives bin Laden a "great Satan" to rail against and recruit idiots to fight his religious war for him.

But I don't believe they are acting in collusion, because they don't need to. By Occam's razor, the simplest solution is probably the right one, and the dynamics of violence and hatred do not require two opposing bloodthirsty tyrants to collude in order to destroy their own respective societies by warring against each other.

In conclusion: I reject the conspiracy theories. I think there's an awful lot they're not telling us, but I don't think the U.S. government engineered 9/11.

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Like believing Ronald Reagan for 8 years?

8. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No offense intended, but a large number of the people here on PriusChat are nuts.

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

You beat me to it. Do you know how many "mini" conspiracy theories I hear every week from ...ummm..."disturbed" individuals?

Officer, officer.....you know...you knoooooow that you officer (complaining to a sgt. here) just gave me a ticket because 4 years ago, in another state, I complained about an officer and he must have heard about it.

Officer, my neighbor LOOKS at me funny.

Officer, the only reason they have parties until the wee hours and keep me awake is that I did such and such?

People, we don't NEED to find a hidden reason for everything....other people make their own plans....they don't NEED your permission or help.

This thread, and some of the replies, scare me!

We live such complex lives...people are blind to the simplistic. Sometimes things just are what they are. You also cannot prove a negative, thus feediong these theories.

I have seen some bizarre stuff, so it isn't hard for me to accept odd things.

And sometimes...just sometimes, there are things we can never figure completely out...especially when some players take their secrets to the grave.

And ALL these supposed sources just want their 15 minutes of fame and/or are delusional. The fact that we entertain their theories just feeds them...we are enablers....I suspect the mental stability of all who think they might be correct. All future conversations from you are suspect.

10. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Really, the only delusional ones are those that fail to question what is stuffed down their throats day in and day out....I feel bad for them...

PS Bush is a liar. Impeach him.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really, really, truly believe that we should question what we are told, too. I have no doubt that the government (Republicans, Democrats, whatever) lie to the public (and certainly withhold information; and I'm not just talking about stuff that should rightly be classified).

HOWEVER, when you're questioning the government, you shouldn't go off the deep end with it. I mean, if a mechanic screws up your Prius, you don't immediately jump to the conclusion that he's a rogue agent working for Ford who has been charged with the mission of taking all Prii off the road.

I think that well-informed questioning of our leaders is what makes America a great place to live. Of course, everyone is free to believe whatever they want to believe, but I think that these off-the-wall conspiracy theories do little to help and probably hurt any other points that you'd like to make.

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

The BIGGEST downside of owning a Prius is being associated with the common perception that ALL Prius owners are tree-huggers, Bush hating radical left liberal conspiracy nuts. By the looks of it, the perception is pretty accurate. I find it reassuring that the polls they take here usually gather less than 50 or so votes that fit in this category.

I guess that follows pretty much their mantra with the MSM - liberals continue to show how Republicans (Bush) have poor poll numbers poll after poll and in spite of this they [Republicans] win election after election. In fact, I believe that the Democrats have only won TWO presidential elections since WWII via a majority of the vote. Looks like '08 won't be any different - especially if they run the witch.

If they only recognized not only how far out of the mainstream they are, but how they energize the conservative base by their beliefs and actions. If they only had the guts to follow through with their words - Murtha and Feingold are prime examples of the motor going without their brain attached - Hollywood too; wonder why they continue to do poorly year after year - they should try next Oscars to at least give the American troops in harms way some air time or respect, that would have been nice - but that would be against their beliefs.

13. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

or like believeing ANYTHING GWB says? Marlin, fruits and nuts make a cornucopia! Why, I perscribe to Oprah's edict that if your gut tells you something, follow it. This has served me well and my gut gets gas when GWB speaks.

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

OMG!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delivery...

...priceless!

ROTFLMAO!

15. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

The govt is too stupid to conduct a conspiracy...

ya'll watch too much "24"

16. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is entertaining... I somehow doubt Charlie Sheen's assessment of the 9/11 attacks to be creible... was he even clean on that day or was he doped up on something?

17. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

No offense taken. :blink:

18. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats for sure... although I don't watch too much "24" I have never even seen it before... I just found out what this show was a couple of weeks ago...

19. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I believe the former not the latter. Incompetent? No. They did not want to prevent it as it played right into their plans...clearly they were cautious enough to take care of their own.

July 26, 2001 CBS news reported the following:
    "...In response to inquiries from CBS News over why Ashcroft was traveling exclusively by leased jet aircraft instead of commercial airlines, the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term.

"There was a threat assessment and there are guidelines. He is acting under the guidelines," an FBI spokesman said. Neither the FBI nor the Justice Department, however, would identify what the threat was, when it was detected or who made it..."

And for you non-believers, here is a link to the CBC news archieves with the story:
    Ashcroft told not to fly commercial flights

They absolutely, positively knew something was going to happen. I remember hearing this story that July morning as I was getting ready for work and said aloud to myself, "What is the threat and why aren't they trying to protect the rest of us, not just their good old boys?" Two months later I had my answer.

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i KNOW (ok maybe i dont) that bush orchastrated the attacks. there was no other way he could have convinced the us to support invading iraq unless our sense of honor and revenge was in the state of full erection.

his oil croony buddies knew that saddam would be a problem for the oil supply issues. so he created WMD, phantom terrorist support, and vapor nuclear buildup attempts to get us excited about poking someones eye out.

without the attacks, he could never have done it. even the president needs some support