1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you care when your neighbor's dog craps on your lawn?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jun 10, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It sort of bothers me. I just take a shovel and fling it into the street.

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 10 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]269205[/snapback]</div>
    Yuck! I hate that too but I hope I never jog or ride my bike down your street. Why don't you find out where the crap is coming from and return it to the owner's front lawn with a small thank you note attached.

Wildkow

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 10 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]269221[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I flick it into the middle of the street so car tires pick it up and spread it evenly though out the local asphalt where it will have minimal impact to anyone specifically. Kind of like smog.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 10 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]269225[/snapback]</div>
    My "Super White" 06 Prius is not impressed! :lol:

Wildkow

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

It doesn’t bother me because it’s a little dog. Now if my neighbor was one of those guys that has a little wee knee and tries to make up for it by having a huge dog that would make a difference. Then I would pick it up and wipe it on his Harley. :lol:

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    if that happened to me, it would find its way directly beneath the neighbor's open window so it could stink up their house instead of my yard.

unfortunately we have yet to have much for a yard....

7. furkidsnprius

furkidsnprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 10 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]269205[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it would bother me LOTS!!!! I would want to know where the dog got in at. I would not want my dogs to get out the same way theirs got in. I don't want my dogs getting whatever worms and diseases theirs has. Seriously my yard is fenced in with a 5 foot high fence, I am pretty sure if it is dog feces, then it is from one of mine. I also showed dogs for years. I have a bag of baggies so I can clean up after my dogs, when we are not at home. If all owners showed the same consideration fewer places would have "no dogs allowed" signs. Most people who show dogs do clean up after them, it is more frequently the home pet owner whose pet is allowed to defecate wherever and not bother with cleaning up after. I have a neighbor who walks their dog so they don't have to clean up after it. I find it really funny as they have chickens which poop all over their yard. The edges of the road around here are thick with poison ivy as well, which gets on the dog's fur (since it is not on the skin the dog is not bothered by it) the oil then rubs off onto the people and well they seem to have continual problems with skin rashes :eek: Yes I do have a dry sense of humor.....

8. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I don't care so much on my yard (I rarely use it) but I HATE going trail running and finding a big pile right on the parth. Come on, how hard would it be to get Sparky to move the 2 feet off to somewhere I WON'T be trying to run?

I was upset enough about it that I took a digital camera one day, took pictures of all the fresh piles, and printed up a page full of them. I laminated it and pinned it on the trail head sign, with a box of dog poop bags. It hasn't made much of a difference, but it made me feel better and I hope it makes someone feel guilty.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Absolutely.

First, not picking up after your dog is lazy and irresponsible. If they don't have a yard and must walk their dog fine. But be a responsible dog owner and bag the drop. If they're not picking up after their dog they're also probably not taking the dog to the vet on a regular basis for shots. They may also not be taking good care of their dog period.

Second....dog poop and pee is destructive. Ask anyone who has a really nice, well kept yard with yellow spots where the neighbors dog pee has burned the grass. Ask them how they like their lawn being used as the neighborhood dog bathroom. And if the owner of said dog is irresponsible enough not to get their dog regular medical checkups and look after their health, that dog poo probably has more worms, disease, etc than average. I own a dog and don't need my dog's health threatened by some lazyass owner's sick mutt. Why should I pay a $200 vet bill because they're lazy and stupid?

What what I do? I would sure stake out my yard to find the perpetrator. Then I'd bag the poo and go knock on their door and tell them to stay off my lawn and to police their dog when it walks. If they don't they're being reported to animal control of cruelty and to the police for trespassing.

I find it again? It gets brown bagged and burned on their front porch.

10. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't mind so much but it does bother me when my neighbor craps in my yard! ;)

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Neighbors dogs? No, doesn't bother me.
    Having had a rental house next door with a new dog owning tenant every year or so, I explain to the neighbor, in a friendly fashion, that if I actually observe their dog crapping in my yard, I will scoop it up and place it in their yard so their dog will learn the proper place for them to do their thing. Not one of these neighbors complained. What are they going to say??? :huh: . . . It's your yard, you clean it up? Don't mess up MY yard? No, they were all quite OK with the arrangement – and so was I as the dogs soon learned to defile their own yards. The house was sold and now has a dog-less owner resident.

So, neighbor dogs? No. Dogs out on a walk with their owner? YES!!!!

Several years ago, a lady from the next street over had four scraggly old dogs she would take on a daily walk down our street. These dogs wouldn't crap on the lawns, they would do it on the sidewalks! She would make no effort to clean up after them. One time, I stood not more than 15 feet away, washing the car, while her dog took a dump right in front of my walkway. She watched, then moved on. :angry:

That evening I went out and scooped up seven sidewalk craps and placed them on her walkway with a note which said,
    “If you do not clean up after your dogs and leave their doodoo on the sidewalks around the neighborhood . . . I WILL!!!!
    Consider this one a friendly first warning.
    The second warning will be on your doormat.
    The third will be in your mail box!â€
    (a through the wall into the house type ).

From then on she walked with plastic bags and picked up after the dogs. I never needed to do the second warning. I think she was afraid I would skip that step and go straight to the third. :lol:

12. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I don't get upset if a neighbor was walking by with her dog and the dog went on the lawn as long as she cleaned it up.

We have dogs and I always have poop bags with me when I'm out of the yard with them. In fact, when I'm walking the dogs, I (shamefully) wear a fanny pack that says "STEP IT UP!" on it and is filled with the bags. It's extremely dorky looking but it does the job.

13. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We have a rule in my neighborhood: no dog walking unless you carry a pooper scooper. People seem to adher to it. The rule, not the poop.

14. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We live in an unincorporated part of the county and our precinct does not have leash laws. We have two dogs, a Jack Russell and a Rat Terrier, who stay in our fenced yard unless on a leash (well...unless Smoke, the Rat Terrier, sees a squirrel and climbs the fence...but he doesn't go far). The neighbors on the other hand seem to find a new mutt every other day. We recently redid our fence to make a double driveway that we did not have to open a gate to drive into and this was in part due to two of the neighbor's dogs killing my 9yr old cat in my yard. Well...since the driveway was put in, the mutts have decided that this was their place to drop their turdbombs and i mean bombs!!! :angry: As these dogs do not get regular vet checkups, you can imagine what they look like. My hubby usually takes the shovel and flings the crap back into their yard. It would be nice, for once, to sit on my porch on a quiet Sat or Sun morning with a good book and a good cup of tea without the smell of a turdbomb ruining everything. We are about at our wits end with the problem. Sorry for the rant!!

15. compchat57

compchat57 New Member

Here's an idea. Why don't you pick it up and discard it. While your at it clean up your neighbors yard too.

That's what I do :blink:

16. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well....I might need a tetanus shot first and a gun to go into their yard....They collect junk as they do dogs. The problem is they do not have many grassy areas and our drive still has a few. They do keep one dog on a chain but when the weather is bad, his dog house floods along with most of their yard...It is just sad. We have had people go by to try to help out, but they usually get cussed at and leave in a hurry.

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I simply think, "Hey wow, another liberal just landed on my lawn..."

:p

18. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CATS bother me... cats feel that they own the neighborhood- they jump on everyone's cars, crap wherever they want, etc etc- people don't seem to be bothered by it but I hate when I see cat marks all over my cars, get off my car! Luckily my Prius is in the garage, safe from any pussy that would mess with princess :lol:

19. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

It doesn't bother me at all, because my dogs are probably MUCH bigger. My one dog's poops probably weight the same as the neighbor's dog.

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My dog poos on my lawn all the time.
    I wait for it to dry then run over it with the mower to provide fertilizer for my lawn.
    My dog is my compost heap.