1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you park directly next to other Prii when you encounter them in a lot?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by freke70, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I'm guilty. I have done it twice. I have also come back to my Prius to find someone has parked next to mine. The idiot moment came when someone parked a seaside pearl right next to mine, but I only saw the other prius first and I couldn't figure out why my smartkey wasn't working.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i do park next to other hybrids in general when it's convenient. i'm not going too far out of my way though.

have stopped and talked to a number of prius owners along the way in the past couple years, all nice people.

3. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Regardless I park in the far corner of a parking lot to protect the Prius and encourage me to walk.

4. lee

lee New Member

This weekend at the mall I parked next to two other Priuses, to make it three in a row -- white, black, and my silver. All looked to be '04 or '05 models. There was an Salsa red one parked two spaces away -- almost four in a row. The funny thing is that it was almost impossible to get a space at all, and the one that finally opened up was next to the other two. I do normally go out of my way to park next to others, so it was perfect.

The other day I got to show another '05 owner how to override their nav system and told them about this site. It all started as they drove by me in a parking lot with their window down asking me if I, too, was getting crappy mileage in the winter, and what could be done about it.

5. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I never park next to any car because I like to try to keep the dents and dings away, plus I also like to get th exercise, but I would if I had the opportunity I guess. Having it only for 2 weeks after 3 months in the shop, I see a lot in the LA area but am still not sure how other owners feel. Is it some sort of "club" like when you ride a motorcycle and wave at another biker?

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i always try to park not only next to another Prius but also one matching my color (silver pine)

7. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Mar 26 2007, 07:34 AM) [snapback]412255[/snapback]</div>
    Icabod, Don't be hard on yourself. You are not judgmental unless you then moved your Pruis after seeing the contents.

At our last local Portand Prius Meet for HSD Group. I got lost because I didn't understand Prius that the Navigation System speaks. I got there so late that I could not park in "The Row" of about 6 Prii. I had to park across from "The Row" but it was my first meet, and everyone was SO nice to me, and complimented me on my Silver Pine Color.

DualPwr Dave in Olympia, you can park next to my Silver Pine Prius any time you are in Souther WA or Portland area. I really get excited when I see other Prii on the road too. All colors, but especially the Sirlve Green ones.

8. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My most recent Prius park was today at the Toyota dealership. I rolled up and parked it next to two other Prii, one Seaside Pearl and one Driftwood Pearl (mine's seaside). The funny thing is that I went there to get new tires, and totally fooled the service department. :)

Good news, too: I might be trading Roxanne in for a new Grey Touring within the next couple weeks. We'll see about that if I can get a rate I want at the price I want.

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freke70 @ Mar 26 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]412763[/snapback]</div>
    Remember that the tax credit goes down at the end of March, if you can use it.

10. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 27 2007, 03:03 AM) [snapback]412780[/snapback]</div>
    I heard about that, but I really don't mind.

11. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good god no! I hear they get pretty frisky. Downright disgraceful....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 27 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]412780[/snapback]</div>

What? Do you mean I have to file before the end of march or it goes down?

12. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep, I do it if there is an obvious space open next to another Prius but like others here, I usually just take the first spot I see (people who circle around row after row looking for the closer spot in the mall parking lot boggle my mind).

Anyhoo, my "weird guy" Prius story happened one day when I was driving back to MA from ME and saw 2 Prius with about 6-8 car lengths between them. Even though I had been traveling at a much faster pace I decided to slide in and make a little Prius convoy. The dude in the black Prius taking up the rear backed off after a few minutes. He must have been one of those "normal" Prius drivers who didn't want to play my weird Prius game. Jerk.

13. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

I parked next to another blue Prius at Publlix and next to a white Prius at a computer club. I have never met the owners and would sure like to talk to them, but so far it hasn't happened.

Mary

14. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just did. Seaside Pearl 2007, nice cute girl as well.

15. zaxinc

zaxinc New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If there's a spot available I'll do it on the hope that the person will have respect for a fellow Prius owner and not slam their door into my car. Sometimes for personal amusement (easily amused) I'll park next to a Silver Prius with carpool tags.

I DO make it a habit to pull up next to the gigantor SUVs at the gas station. Now that gas is >$3.10 per gallon, I like to see the looks of longing and jealousy as they watch the dollar signs tick away at the pump.

16. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Mar 26 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]412255[/snapback]</div>
    Mom? Is that you?

17. faith2walk

faith2walk Upgraded again

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moxiequz @ Mar 26 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]412422[/snapback]</div>
    Would the little one get twice the MPG? :lol:

18. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Mar 26 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]412535[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I've done it whenever there was a nearby space and it wasn't far from where I wanted to go anyway.

There are a lot more Prii in California than I've been used to seeing nearer to home.

Yesterday at Moss Landing (southern end of Monterey Bay), I met a dark grey (I assume Magnetic Gray) at an intersection (this was off the highway) and was being followed by a Silver.

Dave M.

19. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  20. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    THere is only one other Prius at my work place, and they get to work before I do and park in an area that is all filled up when I get to work. There is a secred code about which roll up shipping doors can be parked in front of and which ones can not.

Today when I arrived, there was an empty space next to one of the roll up doors I thought was not off limits, so I parked there, and when I came out at lunch, the other Prius had parked next to me in a space that I thought was off limits.

The other Prius is a first generation, and it's owner is one of the influences that prompted me to trade in my 2006 Civic Hybrid. He asked me what my MPG on the Civic Hybrid was. I said about 35 to 58, and then he replied, that hardly seems worth it. That started the ball rolling toward my eventual trade for the 07 Prius.