1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you park directly next to other Prii when you encounter them in a lot?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by freke70, Mar 26, 2007.

1. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grandma Judy @ Mar 26 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]412324[/snapback]</div>
    The periscope cam is coming out on the 2008/2009 next generation prius... :) But seriously I am greatly relieved to know that I am not the only one who oes out of my way to park by other priuses... Everyone I know thinks I have gone off the deep end with my car.... Although I also photograph my prius encounters...

This was from last Saturday in my parking lot in downtown B.G. (the red one is mine, obviously):
    [attachmentid=7962]

This one is from a while back when I was parked across from a white prius at night:
    [attachmentid=7963]

Attached Files:

2. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After reading this thread last week, I started parking my seaside pearl besides a black one at the parking lot at work.

3. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

4. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Okay, so I had an opportunity to do this for the first time the other day. I was on the way to a friends graduation and there was one parked close to the restaurant everyone was meeting at.

The other Prius was the same color and everything!

Anyway, I thought it would be cute to park beside my twin, and as I was getting out of the car, some random lady (probably drunk) said loudly, "Look, matching a**holes", then let out an ugly, witch-like cackle!

I was speechless! Who says something like that? :blink:

That was my first encouter with Priacism.

5. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

I have attention deficit disorder, so I normally don't even remember why I'm parking, let alone where I'm parking.

6. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ May 11 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]440173[/snapback]</div>
    Umm.. im guessng this is a gag post? :blink:

7. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ Apr 4 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]417607[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, that pretty much happened to my dad when he got his prius. Drove it about 45 miles home after buying it from the dealer. So of course he parks the prius in the car. But he needed to get some stuff out of the other car that was parked next to the prius. I notice that he is opening the door of the other car too far, and I tell him that he will scratch up the new car. His response was, "Its fine." Yup, he ends up opening the door too much and scratching up the brand new prius, not more than an hour after buying it. You also bet your nice person I let him have it for the next couple of days. And you bet your nice person I make sure he is careful around my HCHII that I got two weeks afterwards.

8. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I park next to the Ferrari.

PS my Motorola RAZR V3 takes sh!t pictures. Also the sun was in a bad spot. My white Prius is there next to the Ferrari. The best of Italy and the best of Japan next to each other. This was at the local mall, this morning.

Attached Files:

9. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do if it's convenient. You see more and more Priis all the time. Another thing I do is try to open their car with my Smart Key-Someday I'll find one. :rolleyes:

10. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 11 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]439747[/snapback]</div>

Periscope cam. I'm assuming that's a joke, but personally I've always dreamed of a "hover" cam that could float above the car to see around obstacles in front or beside me. That would be a variable altitude hover cam.

Dave M.

11. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Failing the periscope option, you can do like Dave Barry suggests
    and simply use your cellphone to call into the next county to see if
    it's safe to back up your Yukon yet. But then you're trusting
    someone else's opinion..
    _H*