1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you trust electronic voting machines?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, May 12, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 13 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]254728[/snapback]</div>
    But they back Republicans over Democrats 2 to 1, 3 to 1 or sometimes 100%.

Here's a few 100% Republican contributors.

Michael's $416,503
    Domino's Pizza $40,677
    Best Buy $46,434
    Hooters $38,000

Haliburton donates 91% to Republicans and 9% to Democrats.

Diebold donates 92% to Republicans and 8% to Democrats.

International Paper donated $319,000 90% of it went to Republicans.

Hallmark cards $303,000, 86% to Republicans.

Of the top 11 companies, donating over a million dollars, all but one give the majority to Republicans.

UPS $2,152,178 72% to Republicans.

SBC $1,812,815 65% to Republicans.

Walmart $1,732,250 78% to Republicans

donation rankings.

The majority of the big money contributors give to Republicans. The recent conviction of Randy "Duke" Cunningham leads me to believe these companies do so expecting a quid pro quo. And I think the legislative record of the current administration supports that belief.

Let's look at our danger signs of Fascism again:
    9. Power of corporations protected.
    13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
    And I'm sure big business wouldn't mind a little:
    10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.

While some companies donate more to Democrats than Republicans, the total amount of money is still hugely on the Republican side. That means they can spend more for campaigns and ads. Money talks and they can basically buy votes by saturating the media.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over†Joseph Goebbels
    http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/joseph_goebbels/

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
    -President Bush

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

What is stupid it this...

Anti-Bushers claim fraud in 2000 so demands are made to change voting machines

Machines are changed and now the anti-bushers say fraud is still possible.

FRAUD is always possible. I trust machines only to be more objective than humans (GIGO)

There is ZERO (curently) ability to eliminate ALL fraud in elections. The answer is to consider fraud a treason offense w/ life in prison for offender AND a misdemeanor offense to claim fraud when there is none (30 days in jail) and/or make the reporter PAY for the investigation.

My $.02

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ May 13 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]254800[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, reduce to a stereotype those of us who dare speak in opposition- I'm an "anti-Busher."
    As I have said before, the greatest offense in the 2000 and 2004 elections was the disenfranchisement of many Americans- particularly African-American and students. This was accomplished by limiting access to voting machines, deliberately sending out misinformation of polling places, sending postcards to (in many cases, outdated addresses) requiring their return to allow voter registration, etc. This has been well-diocumented- I suggest reading the government's own GAO report. While no system mat be 100% impervious to fraud, we must reduce the potential as much as possible. And more importantly, we must safeguard the right of citizens to have their vote counted from those who would abuse the system.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 13 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]254798[/snapback]</div>
    My point was that no matter who wins, both parties are in the pocket of big business. Your statistics only demonstrate that it costs more to buy a Republican. (Probably because they are richer, so a dollar is worth less to them. I.e.: A man who has a million dollars is less influenced by a thousand-dollar bribe than is a man who only has a hundred thousand dollars.)

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 14 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]255160[/snapback]</div>
    The richest politician is....Democrate John Kerry, if you add his wife's money to his.

It was apparently pretty easy to buy Randy "Duke" Cunningham.

6. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why not require the voting machine people to make ALL source code public?