1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does 11.6 screen have touch control of audio playback location?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by stevepea, Jan 16, 2018.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have the 7" Plus version (very happy with the smaller screen and physical knobs) but had one question for those of you with the 11.6 larger screen.

On the 7" screen, when you're playing back an audio file (like an MP3 from a USB stick) the screen shows a "progress line" (total time of the track, and how far into the track you are) but there's no "touch screen" function to that -- ie, tapping your finger towards the end of the status bar doesn't do anything (it won't make the audio jump to that part of the audio file) -- instead, you have to hold down a button to make it fast-forward within the track. I was just curious, if on the 11.6 verison, it's the same thing (having to hold down a button to have it FF or REV through a long audio track) or if you can tap with your finger on the status bar screen and have it immediately jump there?

Prius Team, take note: that would be a good feature to have on the 7" screen (or the 11.6 if that doesn't do it either). Heck, it's a touch screen, but currently you can't "tap" your way to various points of a long audio file, you have to hold down the FF (or REV)-within-the-track until you get to where you want to be...

2. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yep, same thing on the bigger screen. And yes, I tried and thought that it should do that too back when I first got my Prime.. :)

stevepea likes this.
  3. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    It really annoys me - it can take an age to get back to your place again if you accidentally tap one of the steering-wheel buttons when you're 30 minutes into a recording. Grrr!

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Would this rival texting, for distraction when driving?

Insighter likes this.