1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does an 08 purchased in NY qualify?

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by Eco-chic, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Eco-chic

Eco-chic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm a new owner & i heard I missed out, is that true?

2. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Unfortunately, yes, if you are talking about a Toyota. The faster a carmaker sells hybrids the faster the rebate goes away. The Prius is a very popular hybrid.

I didn't get the rebate either, but the consolation prize is we got a great car!:)

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did they take away the tax credits from EXXON Mobile for pumping too much gas??
    I'll Bet Not!!:fencing:

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Don't miss out on refueling in time;) (like when you're at two pips). Welcome to PC and congrats on your new car.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One is eligible for a hybrid tax credit for Toyota hybrids only if one took delivery by 9/30/07. Anyone taking delivery on a Toyota hybrid on or after 10/1/07 is not eligible for any hybrid credit. Here's the IRS webpage on the subject:

Summary of the Credit for Qualified Hybrid Vehicles

Don't feel too bad though:

-- Because of the Alternative Minimum Tax, many people otherwise eligible for the tax credit did not get it either.

-- Average sale prices for the Prius seemed to go down roughly at the rate that the tax credit was reduced.

Bottom line - the price you paid for the Prius is probably in the ballpark with the price others paid after deducting their tax credit.