1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does any one manufacture window guards for Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by W5JCK, Aug 9, 2013.

1. W5JCK

W5JCK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Does any one manufacture window guards for the Prius C? (Sorry if this has been covered. I searched but didn't see any threads that were related.) I can find window guards (the things at the top of the windows to keep out rain) for some Prius models but not for the Prius C.

Thanks!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. W5JCK

W5JCK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I think those are the stick on with tape kind. I'm looking for the kind that are custom fitted for the C and fit into the window gasket channel. The ones you sent me in an email/post looked like what I want but they don't say they are for Prius C, just "most Prius hachbacks". Those were called Weathertech Toyota Prius Side Window Deflectors.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, they are the same as in the link I provided to an ongoing thread about them here on Priuschat. They are the stick on type, it appears no one has been able to find the slide in kind yet.

I provided both links since you didn't mention in the initial post you did not want the stick on kind but did say you searched and could find nothing on here about it, lol. Hopefully someone makes em' soon as it seems others want them as well.

5. W5JCK

W5JCK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Okay thanks for the info. I knew I couldn't find the slip in kind using Google, but I was hoping some one else had. Oh well, sooner or later some one will manufacture them I'm sure.

6. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    im also looking for the slide in kind. i just dont trust the stick kind. even though many people use them without a problem

7. W5JCK

W5JCK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I had the stick on kind on a Toyota Tacoma for 8 years and they worked well, even in the 100+ N TX heat. But I shanked putting one on and I had to stare at a slightly crooked mount for 8 years! I think the slip in kind look much better so I'm going to wait for them.

8. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm waiting for the in-channel ones as well. I emailed WeatherTech last week to see if they planned on R&D for the Prius C. I received a confirmation my email was received, but no reply yet. Email them, possibly if enough emails come through they'll get off their rears and develop these quicker.

NewPriusC likes this.
  9. Nate28

Nate28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Also waiting on "in-channel", I also emailed weathertech to add to the pressure :)

10. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ^^Cool. They never did get back to me, so let us know if you get anything.

11. Nate28

Nate28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Good news and bad news. The good news is that it looks as if the Prius C "in-channel" weather guards are currently in research and development. The bad, they won't be available for at least 4-5 months.

Her email reply here:
    "
    Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive and our WeatherTech brand!

Congratulations on your new Prius C! My engineers are still in the development and engineering stages for the Side Window Deflectors for the Prius C. According to the information provided, it looks like we still have 4-5 months before we see the product available for sale.

Please keep in mind that this timeline is an approximate and we may start to see the products sooner or later then the estimated time listed. If you would like to be notified I recommend filling out a Product Request Form: http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/; this form will be used to contact you by phone or email when the products become available.

Unfortunately, I won’t be back in the office until Thursday. For immediate assistance please call customer service at: 800.441.6287.

Have a great day!

Mary Davis"

12. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure what takes so long for something like this. It's obviously not a priority for them.

Takes about 3-4 weeks to get a plastic mold made, a month to mass produce it and walah. (of course it's isn't always this easy)

garm and CraigB like this.
  13. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

14. garm

garm mpg + cool = win

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We hassle WeatherTech at least once a month about this. I get really high quality stick-ons from Japan -- I actually like the lines better than in in-channel design on the Prius C (because of the little extra windows).

I'm sure they will offer them at some point, the car is too popular to ignore.

15. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Can you provide a link to the Japanese stick-ons ?

16. domingo2610

domingo2610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you still interested in buying it? can i get you