1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anybody read the manual?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pakitt, Aug 15, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, immediately

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Only when necessary

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not all all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Manual? what is that?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't read the manual - I post questions in Priuschat for answers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I read the manual and all vehicle docs cover to cover the first night.

2. Jinseng

Jinseng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I "Ordered" a Prius V with ATP 2 weeks ago so I had to use a VIN from a Dealer's Inventory list to get to the Prius manual. (I already had an account since I own a 1999 Corolla). I used a few search terms to download about 33 separate pieces then used Adobe Acrobat Pro to combine them into one large doc. There are some pages missing, but I'm guessing that's because they're blank.

The warranty and Maintenance manual was easy since it was just one file.

Now I'm working on the Nav Manual. I seem to have everything except for pages 18-24. I don't know what search term to use to find those pages. Suggestions?

Why does Toyota make this so hard? The Toyota Owners search feature is OK if you don't have broadband Internet access. But I do, so I'd much rather download a complete 35 MB PDF that has built in links, a PDF TOC, etc.

Now that I have most of the Manuals I plan on reading them before my car shows up. I might not normally do that but with all the Tech in the Prius (the reason I'm buying it) I think I need to read them.

-Alex

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pages 18-24 are the "Function Index" and the "Quick Reference Guide". Don't worry about them you can read through them both in a few min when you get the car.

I think Toyota just doesn't put much effort or money into that web site so it's not easy to use. A poor management decision since it's one of the first things a lot of new owners see.