1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone drive their Prius 'normal'?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BrianNC, Apr 15, 2008.

1. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I like normal. My kids say I drive abnormal. Can you talk to them for me to explain what normal is! JK! I have only had my car for 2 months. I have changed somewhat. I look ahead so that I can coast to stop, stuff like that. But for the most part, I just drive to get where I am going. I turned off my mpg screen so that I could just relax and drive. So with hypermiling techniques I got 44.3 mpg and with so called normal driving, I am at 44.6 right now. I only have 2000 miles on my car and am expecting my mpg to increase as the car breaks in. Most of my driving is highway driving at 70 plus mph!

2. kathyb

kathyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I've had the car since the middle of December....short drives and the cold kills the mpg. I just took it on a BIG drive in NYS last weekend and averaged around 53 mpg!! going 65-75mph.
    Finally seeing some good mileage after a crappy winter here in NYC with short drives I was barely getting 30mpg.
    Still do not have 1000 miles on the car but it sure did like that long drive.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I commute 90 miles a day on LA freeway, and cruise at least with traffic or faster. I usually hang between 75-80 when I can. (No tickets since '79, no radar dector either). Anyway I can easily maintain 50 mpg averages. My commute is on the 118 and 210 freeway thru the Pasadena mountain passes. Don't go nuts, just pump up the tires, and enjoy the ride. You should easily double your existing mileage. I did. My Subaru gets around 25, 50 for my Prius. No brainer.