1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have a link for the mini vci driver?

Discussion in 'Prius OBDII Third-Party Apps' started by RathlinPhil, Nov 9, 2020.

1. RathlinPhil

RathlinPhil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I've got the cable without the software, I have successfully installed techstream though it cannot find/communicate with the vehicle. When I first plugged the cable in, the computer said it was obtaining and then successfully installed the drivers from windows updates. Does it have them or do I need another driver?
    cheers. Phil.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Its tricky and the instructions are cryptic. Of course you have to do registry changes as well. I installed on Win7 Pro 64 bit. These are the links I received:

V13.00.022
    64bit: MEGA
    32bit: MEGA

winRAR32bit MEGA
    winRAR64bit MEGA

"Please confirm your computer system first ,32bit or 64bit , then download and unzip the right version by winrar or other programs , you will get a folder with all files,Just follow the instruction step by step." [From supplier]

3. RathlinPhil

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks alot , I'm using windows 7 32 bit. I was reading about loads of people going out looking for an old laptop with that setup for techstream but it just happens that's the only computer I have . Had it for donkeys years..cracked version of Windows 7... Never gives any bother...
    I'll try and stick these files on and follow the instructions.
    I'm trying to get to the bottom of inverter trouble and I need techstream.
    Cheers for the links.

4. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would read the instructions carefully. Uninstall previous attempts. After installation, shutdown and restart. Don't expect techstream to fix or recalibrate an inverter problem especially on an 01 Prius.

5. RathlinPhil

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks I will....
    No I just need to read the sub codes to know where the problem lies, I have replacement inverter but I want to be sure the problem is in there.

Ps.
    Did you mean uninstall the techstream software ? Or the windows mini vci drivers?

6. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Everything

7. James Willis

James Willis New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Got my mini vci cable with software for TS ver 12, 13, and 14 but no driver for windows 10, 64 bit. The seller sent me a link to the file on a google site but the site claims its a virus and will not allow mw to download. Desperately need a win 10 64 bit driver as the chinese national I am dealing with is apparently clueless. The files listed in an above post no longer exist on that site.

8. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Which browser are you using?

This site may be helpful for techstream and installation : https://blog.obdii365.com/

If that doesn't help, then try this search : mvci driver win 10 at DuckDuckGo