1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have the instructions for the 2k1Toaster Battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by '04Prius, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah on ours (3rd gen fwiw) I’ve never heard the fan, but monitoring with scangauge have seen it as high as speed 4 (out of 6 I think). The high speed was in heavy stop and go traffic, hot day too.

Even easy cool evening driving, around 80 kmh (50 mph) the fan would maybe speed 1 and battery middle sensor reporting around 35C (95F).

#41 Mendel Leisk, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I could never hear my battery cooling fan either, at least until I got the red triangle and then it kicked into full speed.

Right before the battery bit the dust, the SOC gauge was all over the place. In a couple of minutes it would go from green to purple and then back up to green. Now that I have the NPB upgrade installed, it hangs out in the higher part of the blue zone and occasionally goes up into green. Sometimes I will drive the car being conscious of how the hybrid system is working, but most of the time I just drive it. My MPG is in the mid to upper 40s, but I think that's primarily due to the heater being on most of the time now. Normally it was closer to 50.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes it’s most likely the heat is on I cannot remember the last time I turned the heat on is this car. I need to do that once in a while now that I’m thinking about it.

do a baseline run.

Find a nice straight flat highway @bout 3 miles long.
    Turn off everything in the car no ac or heat no lights no radio.
    Engage cruise control and set speed at 60. Don’t touch it for 3 miles.
    I get around 60 mpgs at the end of that run.

John Dadmun likes this.