1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone here have Package #1???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Dec 28, 2005.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Alot of people on the forum have used a broker.... ask your friends.. all else fails look in the yellow pages or maybe someone in your area can suggest one.

I greatly prefer not dealing with a stealers horsecrap they typically want to dish out and insult your intelligence with. Some are good... you can go check out your dealers and see what you feel and see if they make you feel "warm and fuzzy", but if you have a distaste at all, I recommend seeking out a broker. I buy all my cars that way. Its heaven compared to going through all the hoops in my opinion, and well worth the money. The broker more than pays for himself because he can always get a better deal for you than the dealer. Especially when buying a normal car.... the prius has a much tighter margin.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm glad to read this. My parents have a Foodsaver and I was considering getting something myself. I live alone and have just invested in a CostCo card and a freezer. So I went online tonight and looked at the special web only specials Foodsaver has. They are a LOT cheaper than what my parents paid or they're running a great after the Holiday discount sale. I bought one, some extra rolls and got free shipping too!. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure I'll like my Foodsaver almost as much as my Prius.

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

No problem! Yeah the FoodSaver is such a cool thing. It's just me and my daughter and soon she will (hopefully) be going out on her own.

For example I like to stock up on stuff when it's on sale and I have some good coupons. I got a great deal on some shrimp one time. ($1.33 for a 60 ct bag :p ) So I bought lots and stuck it in my freezer. After a month or so I pulled it out and the shrimp was dried out and the bags were full of ice. All ruined.

Got my FoodSaver, some more shrimp and now my shrimp looks perfect!

You will love the FoodSaver. Now my only problem is that BOTH of my freezers are packed full and I want another freezer. Gotta start doing some more eating! LOL

I got in on that web onlu specials to and bought 11 bags of 8" rolls for just $4.99/pc minus a $5 coupon. At $4.99/pc that's about half price from the stores.

There is a great yahoo group for FoodSavers! I learn alot from that group!

4. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

sorry for the tardy response. GY = package 1

5. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh ok now I want NL :p

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

umm sorry man...but we are now talking about Foodsavers...

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah FoodSavers rock! Maybe I should FoodSaver my Prius when I get it to keep it in pristine condition LOL

Just had some leftover Tatortot cassorole for lunch that I had FoodSavered and it tasted just like I just made it! Not freezer burn or nothing!

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Since it has a computer on it.... all you have to do is a hard reboot, turn your back while it resets and when you turn back around.... its all clean and new again just like you bought it! :)

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh my God..... I was going to ask you this as a joke, but I went and looked at your profile and you are blonde!....

Nevermind... I didn't mean anything!... just admiring your blonde hair!

Wow!.. quite a looker!... with me your your good looks, we would really turn heads walking down the street!

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah I wish!! LOL

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Your funny! I may be blond BUT I'm very street smart!

But sorry to say your plan won't work because here's my motto:

I'M SMART
    I'M SINGLE

Sorry, Tracy

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well you "are" smart if you can stay single "till your ready" looking like you look... I'm sure you attract everything under the sun, and then some!.... but a good energy will keep most away you don't want to deal with.

I can tell alot by a picture.... even when I see it on the cover of a magazine..... you look like quite the handful!, but yet you are very giving and a real sweetheart.... and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure just that much out!..

You ought to be quite the head turner in your new red prius!.... That is the color you are getting right?.... you have to now.. it goes with your yellow outfit!

P.S.
    Just remember, We all were smart once!.... Its quite amazing what the love bug can do! "I don't mean a VW with the # 53 on it!"

I thought I better explain myself... even though your a smart blonde! :lol: :lol:

And yes, I can see your smart.... your not afraid to ask lots of good questions here on PC!

Keep it up.. its nice having you around with your good temperament...... that sweetens the pot for everybody!

14. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

WAIT! Please look at my thread in the other card section. I'm looking at possible for now getting a GEM. Please look at my post and let me know what you honestly think. I would still hang around here if I don't decide to buy a Prius because I'm sure I eventually would later on.

And no IF I did get a Prius it would be black UNLESS that Japan only blue came to the US

http://priuschat.com/I-know-this-site-is-a...Gem-t14295.html

Tracy

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    very nice pix Tracy. ummm what is a gem?

16. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh thanks. I put my pic up because I saw that others also had their pics up! B)

A GEM is an all electric car. Can you please check out my thread about it. (It got moved to the other car forums)

Here's the link to it:

http://priuschat.com/I-know-this-site-is-a...Gem-t14295.html

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    all electric vehicles would be a great choice if your driving needs will fit with their range restrictions.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wrote a long reply Tracy in a effort to be honest, but I decided to delete it and just rewrite this....

the GED is a toy only!... you could never expect to use it as transportation across town or to another town via freeway access. Unless you have unlimited funds and want a fancier Moped or golf cart, you will not have the obvious benifits the prius affords.
    The pruis cost only 3 times more but is more than 10 times the car because the GED is not a car at all, its a cart!

As a beautiful young lady, you would not be wise to put yourself vulnerable by running around in something so insecure " you can't lock anything up", what will you do if you run out of electricity, "who" will be your helper? And what will you do if someone wants to get in with you against your will?

I would give maybe a couple of thousand for such a toy, but never 10K.. unless I had it to toss just for fun only!

If you download thier brochure you will see that thier selling point is how much fun it is to drive around town! that pretty much says it all!

If you say you don't have to drive far and MPG is not a real concern, then even more the reason for not needing a GED.

It sounds like you want something better than a bicycle or moped to go just a little distance.... if so, and you have 10K to spare then more power to you!...

But if you start comparing it with a Prius in any fashion, I have strong feelings they are not even on the same planet to consider for any type of comparison.

I don't want to hurt your feelings and I think only you know what you want.... just have some reliable transportation "as your real car" also if you buy this, because living in todays age, you need a good car that can do freeway driving with enough power not to get killed, and be safe and secure.

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I think mine would. I think you can drive 30-50 miles on a charge. I don't drive far distances all the time. I just have to see if the heater warms it up enough to be able to drive it in at least part of the winter here.

Just looking at ALL my options. If I do go that route I'm sure eventually I would get a Prius at some point later on.

I just wish they had plugin Prius. That would be the best of both worlds!

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok i went to the link you had. missed it the first time. what you are looking at is not an electric car... its a golf cart!! i cant imagine you being happy with that. maybe in Texas or Las Vegas, but in Green Bay??. girl, you gonna freeze yer pretty little buns off!!

if you want an electric car, there are REAL options out there. ones that will go 60 mph, get 150 mile range and is PROTECTED from the elements. realize that any heater in an electric vehicle will be very very very inadequate. electric heat sufficient to overcome a Wisconsin winter will kill ANY battery in a few miles. make no mistake, the Prius heater is primarily fueled from excessive heat from the gas engine.