1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone here have Package #1???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Dec 28, 2005.

1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Now I wonder what your other reply said :huh:

Yeah I had a blast in Las Vegas driving them. I don't know why but I just loved driving them when I was there. One of the best highlights of my trip there since I don't gamble (I don't like to risk throwing my money away.)

I can't drive it in my small town? I now when I was in Las Vegas and drove one I was all over up and down the strip with it. I drove it over an hour with the same charge. I think I must have drove at least 20-30 miles. I know I can't go on the highway with it. I can't go on anything above 35. There is only one street I go on past 35 and I can get to where I need to go on that road by taking the side roads to it like I do with my moped.

I know the Gem doesn't hold up to a Prius but it wouldn't be bigger for me to drive than my moped!

Yes you can lock it up if you add the optional hard doors to it which I would do if I got it.

I was thinking I could get an extra battery to store in the car just in case. Or I will just know how far I can go and make sure I don't go any further. I won't comment on your 2nd comment because anyone can have anything happen no matter what you drive. I drive my moped which would put me even worse I guess. (I do pack a pistol though ;) )

Maybe I can find a used one. I wouldn't care if it was used.

Yeah BUT that's exaclty what I wanna do with it ;)

I never said I want to fork out my hard earned money for a ton of gas. That's why I drive my moped to save on gas and I have fun driving it!

I have saved my pennies and can afford the 10k :p

Never had any plans to compare the 2. I'm looking at the GEM to save on paying out the nice person for gas LOL

No, actually I don't know FOR SURE what I want. That's what I'm working to figure out. No freeway driving with a GEM.

You didn't hurt my feelings BUT I would like you to see what I have said from what you have said now. ;)

[snapback]183511[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh shoot ok. It was just something I though I would look into. I will go back to getting a Prius with HOPES that someday they will make it a PlugIn so I can then have the best of both worlds!

Matter of fact now that my daughter is 18 and hopefully going out on her own SOON I want to do more traveling. I will need a "real car" to do that with. My current card doesn't have much life left in it I'm sure.

Also I would have to have a garage I'm sure to store the GEM and right now my warehouses are filled to the hilt. I can barley fit my moped in it.

Thanks for your comments!

PS If you saw what I used to wear out clubing in the dead of winter you would see I don't care about freezing my tush off. Had to dress to tease the guys with my short short mini skirts! ;)

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Wonder why my quoting didn't work in my post #81. Can't figure it out darnit!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    shoot!!... i always miss out on all the fun

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

A little gas will go a long long way at 40+ mpg!... you won't be paying out the (&(& for gas.
    I'm with you on the plugin... I expect the next major improvements in MPG will mostly be a larger battery with different specs on voltages etc so you can indeed go to plugin.
    All else fails, the kit will come down in price soon too.... its inevitable that it gets popular and comes down in price!

If your really worried about money... it will take a long time to save 10K in gas by driving the GED and still not have a car to show for it.

Its a cool toy, but too stinkin expensive for what you get!

And hes right..it takes tremendous energy to make heat enough to even start getting your warm in that drafty thing!

I see it as a summertime toy.

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Umm aren't you married!! :eek:

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

actually, it looks as if you didnt specify which post to quote. if you click on reply to any post, you can see an example of the format you need to use

**EDIT**

hmm guess that could be interesting... looking at quotes you need to specify poster's name and time and date stamp of the post you are quoting... its interesting because i see a post you made quoting my qoute made at 1 am your time...but your post comes to me at 11 pm, my time...

i guess after all is said and done, time is relative and it is what we make of it.

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    nope

9. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok then maybe I should move to Vegas so I can have some FUN with a Gem! :unsure:

Well actually maybe not cause even though it gets cold as hell here it's cheap as heck to live her in the great state of WI :rolleyes:

Plus with the GEM I wouldn't get my Navigation system. Now Windstrings are you gonna teach me how to use the Nav? <BEG>

I'm sorry BUT you can't talk me in to red. It's either black or I go to Japan and get their blue. Black and blue all the way!! LOL

I got my new revised quote today from package #1 to package #7. :unsure: I better start saving my dimes cause my price almost doubled! :( (ok not doubled but it feels like it :rolleyes: )

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh I see. Can I drive your Prius? :wub:

Me and windstring have to set her and see post after post after post on everyone getting their new Priuses :rolleyes: :(

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yes you can...but you have to let me watch

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I added the time in and the post to quote and it didn't fix it. Gosh I work on websites all the time. I SHOULD be able to see where my error is but can't figure it out. Rats that post is a mess :(

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Or you can take pitcures ;)

I though most good guys out there were married! -_-

14. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Well I would like to thank you Dave and Windstring for helping me short out the deal with the GEM. I can see your negative points about it now and can now understand it wouldn't be the way to go. It's hard to do that when your single and don't have a hubby to figure all that stuff out. I like to look at things at all angles. I STILL will think those GEMs are cute though. Golf carts or not. If I go to Vegas again (of course not to get married) I will want to jump in one of those Gems again. I don't know why I think they are cool but I like them! B) I also like all the cheap food out in Vegas too :p (My other hobby besides my soon to be Prius hobby is couponing!)

So thanks guys!! :wub:

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    what makes you think im a good guy?

16. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

hey no prob...i think they are cool too, but definitely a niche transportation need only. i have a 24 volt electric scooter. it only has a range of about 5 miles. top speed of 12 mph (on a good day) and it was fun to ride. it had turn signals, a headlight and a horn.

but my bicycle worked better for getting places. it was faster, longer range, and great low impact exercise. only problem, not very safe for transportation. too easy to get run down around here.

18. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Well someday I want to move to CA so maybe I can pick up a cheap Gem there! I got a trunk for my moped but I do TO much deal shopping to fit it all in my trunk. (Plus it weights it down and makes it unstable :angry: )

So Dave are you going to help me when I get my Prius :huh: I'm sure I will have a ton of questions. I'm a pretty fast learner though. [Broken External Image]:http://www.dealagogo.com/images/smilies/expressive/innocent.gif

PS And I'm sorry Dave I forgot what color Prius you have? You do have the navigation don't you?

19. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    mine is tideland gray...green whatever. and i have a pak 1... my nav system is a Holux BT 281 GPS receiver with Route 66 software on a 17" Powerbook. and if you are not sure what color the Tidelands is... that is my license plate on my avatar

i also have pic of my car

http://priuschat.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=1455.

may have to look through a few pages to see it

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh wow that's a nice color. They don't make that anymore huh? I would like to see that in person.

So you know ALL about Navigation systems then and can help me right! :p (Of course that would be when I get my car! :rolleyes: )