1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone here have Package #1???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Dec 28, 2005.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We can get Dave and a buch of us can meet there for fun... Its cheap to fly there!

Yea.. I'll teach you as soon as I figure it out!.... :lol: I"ve never had one before.... I'm excited about it too! .. we'll both have to learn!

Doubled from what the golfcart? :lol:

Trust me... even if it hurts more financially, at least you won't be sorry later!

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah Vegas is GREAT! It's cheap to fly there and eat there!! Love Sin City!!

I though you knew everything about computers.

What happens if I get my Prius before you? :unsure:

I WANT MY PRIUS...I WANT MY PRIUS!!!! B)

3. Jax53

Jax53 New Member

I would say that the smart key system and the backup monitor are well worth the extra $175.

I strongly agree w/ Green Machine. For only $175 more you would move in to the #2 w/ these options that will more than pay for themselves in the convenience and "wow" factor.

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Well I have actually moved on to now wanting package #7 :eek:

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey... lets plan a Priuschat convention!! Vegas sounds good

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh that would be cool!! I'm game!

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm good with computers, but I"ve literally never had a system such as the prius has, so I will be in learning mode for a while...

Dave is a good one to pick his brain... his is not abbynormal

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I'm in!

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

my brain is not abnormal... little ADD i've been told, isnt is a shame about that news story about the miners...get their hopes up like that? great Rose Bowl hey?? best game ive seen in a long time!! wow, 2nd year in a row with heavy so. cal rain, guess their drought is over. great for the skiers though. have had an awesome season up here. speaking of seasons, is this the SEAHAWKS year or what?!@! hopefully they dont do the Mariner thing...you know set the record for wins in a season and then choke in the playoffs. and what about Lindsey Lohan...all that garbage about losing weight to play a role?? knew it was a white powder thing... speaking of powder, how about the ski slopes this year??...

10. Kathleen2

Kathleen2 New Member

Is there ANYONE on this forum who has a Package #1 and is ok with it?

I picked up my silver 06 Prius with option package #1 on the 1st of December. I'm very happy with it. I didn't need navigation because I'll ask for directions and can read a map.
    I prefer listening to how quiet my car is rather than listening to the radio.
    Back up camera - you still need to look out the back and sides. I did add a wide angle vinyl lens in the back ($11) which is a big help and much cheaper than $800.
    The smart key system is a nice option but didn't need it.
    Hope that answers your questions.
    Kathleen

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yea.. thats what I was saying... yours is perfect!

Anyway.... you finally got a rise out of someone... whats this Kathleen wanting to talk about package #1?... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean she really wants us to get back on subject? :D

I can't answer you Kathleen, but this thread started out with tracysbeans wanting to know about that package, then it was discussed that you can have SKS "smart key system" for another 175.00... then tracysbeans when bonkers and went all the way to package #7 and left her prior thoughts in the dust!

Anyway.. Hi.. I see that your new... Welcome to priuschat!

P.S. The phrase you put at the end of your statement
    left me a bit confused... I'm not sure if your asking the questions or whether you are answering?

12. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

If I could have, I would get a Pkg1.. They are just not available anywhere near my neck of the woods... And I want to buy from a dealer that will doing the service

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Windstrings, Hey you made me want to get a Package #7. So It's ALL your fault! ;)

Hey Kathleen do you want to go to Vegas with us?!!!! (We need more girls!) B)

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Vegas is a nice drive from San Diego. But I work and when I'm off, I'm sure the rates go up in Vegas.

I bet I'd get great mileage, though.

15. Kathleen2

Kathleen2 New Member

One thing I forgot to mention was that my oldest son has a 04 Prius, my youngest son has a 05 Prius. All have just the basic package #1. To be honest, if I could have purchased the car without floor mats, cargo net and the first aid kit; I would have. But I had to buy the whole package at that time.
    Would have saved money by buying surplus carpet cutting it to fit. Cargo net easy to make (but find it useless). The first aid kit is a joke. I was a Navy Corpsmen and then an RN for over 30yrs.
    As for going to Lost Wages - I've been through two wars; I do not need to gamble to enjoy life.
    Walking through the woods and just marveling at just all the shades of greens are things to ponder and enjoy. Which is one reason why I got a Prius. So that hopefully, after I'm long dead and forgotten. That others will be able to enjoy the fresh air, the woods and all the marvelous mircles about us.
    Kathleen

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Your right.. I corrupted you...... but I got package #8, cause I"m into leather baby!.....yea! :lol:

I think its far better to get a prius with package #1 or #2 if because thats all you can afford, then to settle for some other lesser car!...
    And some folks actually may not be of a mindset to want the other things!.. but what I fear is that those folks may regret not getting it if they ever get in someone else's prius that has it all!....

My bet is few who actually know what they are turning down will still not want or miss it... but some may... those that have "been there, done that!"...

As for me, this is a new adventure in carmania carnival ride!

But on the other hand if you can afford it... the other stuff is so cool.. it makes driving the car a real experience with intelligence that you can see and monitor as well as the NAV is downright handy!....

For folks who may be keeping for short term.. all the goodies will not pay off, but if you plan on looooong term... then its really sweet to enjoy all the goodies all along the way too!... then resale will be easier too when you finally cash it in...
    JMO!....

17. skwimmer

skwimmer New Member

Package #1, with added side curtain airbags (a must-have!)

I am blissfully happy with all the standard gadgets.

Don't forget the $3,100 tax rebate in your calculations!

18. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

I have a '06 package #3, and many times I put the fob in the slot, too. What I really like is the backup camera...need that for getting out of some tight spaces. I got two fobs, the wife has one. Dont lose both; then the car has to be partly taken apart and a part replaced to match a new fob. You can, though, get a third fob. Just ask for it.