1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone know anyone who has traded a Prius on a new one? Recently?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Alphawolf, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm curious what kind of trade I could expect on a new Prius for an '06.
    Considering the old one would probably be sold the day it was offered if I chose to sell it myself, would it be better to wait until the new one arrives then put the old one up for sale?
    Though I would probably get more on a private sale than a trade, here in Utah we pay sales tax of 6.5%, and that would be on the entire price of the new one. If I trade however, the 6.5% is only paid on the difference between the two.
    I wish I could just buy a second one and keep my first and let my Ford F-150 sit in the garage and rust until I need it for something that a truck is needed for...

2. WWJD08

WWJD08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    AS fast as they are selling, sell it yourself on craigslist.com in your area its free and put the extra money towards extras on your new one. when I was buying mine this lady traded in her black prius for an other color hers was a 2007.

3. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You might be able to sell it for $28,000 or more. Just look at the used car prices online.
    I would get while I can because of the 2009 and 2010 market.

4. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You could easily sell your used one for almost if not more than the price of a new one! Don't trade it in!

5. miketorse

miketorse New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    An employee of a client of mine traded in a 2005 Prius (not sure on the package) with 45k miles for 17,500. I thought I was going to cry when she told me that.