1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone regret getting a 2016 Prius two vs a Prius 3 or 4?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Mavi, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    7-passenger versions of the Prius+/Prius Alpha used a Li-Ion battery located between the front seats, under the centre console box. 5 passenger versions used the NiMH that we have, located under the cargo floor, behind the rear seats.

Prodigyplace and alanclarkeau like this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sigh...

Russell shares some subjective opinions, while tooling around in an Eco. His bottom line, it's better because it's lighter, I guess. No mention about what's specifically deleted.

It's short, the commercials start about 5 minute mark, and it's a bit over 6 minutes.

3. warpedlogic

warpedlogic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't regret getting the Two over the Three at all. My wife has a Camry with nav and entune that we never use, so I knew I wouldn't need it. The Qi charging would've been nice, but realistically it wouldn't charge the phone very much on short trips so not really worth it for me. I wasn't a fan of the softex seats (getting seat covers anyway), so the Two was the way to go for me. Honestly, the only thing I really wanted on the Three was the hud, but since I didn't want the other features of the Three, it just didn't make sense to spend all that extra money.

Tande and William Redoubt like this.
  4. tpenny67

tpenny67 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Warranties are nice if you don't expect to use them, but they're there just in case you got an odd factory defect. If there's a systemic problem, a warranty won't convince me to buy a known lemon. If I expected things to be replaced under warranty, I'd also expect them to be replaced again (and again?) when the car is out of warranty.

William Redoubt likes this.
  5. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, it's neither a hunch, nor am I an expert. It's simply what I've read. Could what I read be wrong? Of course.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/archive/whats_the_best_battery

#45 BruceInOKC, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    RCO likes this.
  6. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    No regrets on my 4 touring. i'm enjoying the heated softex seats, wrapped steering wheel, upgraded tires and rims, and the *slightly* upgraded infotainment system. Entune still sucks. The newer safety features were an option on the higher models when I bought my 2016 and all proving to be very useful. I like the IPA - parking assist and BSM - blind spot monitoring

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those safety features are now standard since mid 2017.