1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does BluLogic kit override radio?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by egg_salad, Sep 23, 2018.

1. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Since I got my '08 last year, I've been struggling to add Bluetooth phone functions to my car. (I don't need Bluetooth audio streaming.)

Aux jack kits were cheap and clumsy. The standalone BT speakerphone requires constant charging, due to the high heat inside a parked car, and the rubber-covered buttons tore and melted.

I have no real need to replace the radio, and many BT kits, like USA_SPEC seem ridiculously expensive for what they are.

Along comes a fellow selling the (Genuine Toyota Accessory) Blu Logic kit on eBay for $35. That's my kind of price!

What I can't make out, from either the install or user manuals, is whether this kit will override FM listening. That is, if I'm listening to FM radio and a call comes in, will the radio be cut off and the ringing call come through the radio speakers?

If anyone can help answer that, I'd be obliged.