1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Charge Mode Reduce EV Range?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mr88cet, Nov 26, 2017.

1. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    After we got our Gen-2 Prius, many years ago, I noticed the mileage gradually dropping. I was like, “what the frack?!” Then the TPMS light went on, and “oh, like duuuuh!” So, I’ve watched much more closely since.

iPhone ? Pro

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Another PC member posted a video in charge mode and recommends using it below 50mph. I agree. the efficiency appears to me to be better at reduced hwy speeds. At 35mph I've seen 1 mile EV range added per mile driven in charge mode. I can't see that much EV added per mile at speeds above 55mph.
    Concerning the guess0meter, some understand better than others all the variables the computers take into account to make its guess.
    I don't pretend to have figured it out yet, and I'm still amazed and motivated by reports of 40 EV miles available after a charge.
    I finally read here how one owner is able to see his prime to show 40 something EV range. And iirc he is the one who holds the EV miles driven in a PIP.
    Good Luck getting your EV back to where you feel comfortable with it.